Why the 2F oil filter orientation? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There seems to be more oil that comes out if you do it when the engine is hot. According to the owner's manual, you are supposed to change the oil while the engine is still hot.

Yup. That's always what I do and my front diff is well lubricated because of it. I am impatient however, so punching a hole in the oil filter, then waiting 5 minutes does not do much.

Always change my oil on a cold engine...no hand burning, no mess & more oil has a chance to fill the pan prior to draning if it set over night. I just lube everything under the rig & lube all the hinges & latches & such things while it drains.

It also tells us to adjust valves with hot engine...never do that either...again, not into the whole hand burning thing. Just alter the tolerance accordingly, but thats another thread entirely.

"poke a hole in the top of the filter with an ice pick or screw driver"

That's what I do. That and a large peice of carboard under the truck.

Mmmm.... fresh oil....

Our cruiser motors use the same filter fitting (equivalent to Fram PH8A). I went overkill with my remote set-up though. ;)

There is a Toyota equivalent to the PH8A which I will dig up. I'm using it for my power steering coolant/filter on my LX. Do you have a link to your remote setup?

Just wanted to say thanks again for the simple tip to poke a hole in the top of the filter. That's such a cleaner job now!
:cheers:
Butt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom