Why shoudl my '93 FZE be more gutless than the 96/97 cars ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As above really... the 93 drives fine, but when switching between the cars, you really notice it - feels like 20% difference !

Details.
I drive like a granny, rev counter generally below 2000, occasionally 2,500 when I'm really going for it ;)

Both cars stock, except the 93 has slightly smaller tyres (which should help it) 265/70 as opposed to 275s, both auto.

Also the '93 is dual fuel (petrol / LPG), which means there is a slight intake restriction, but that really isn't going to have any effect at the revs we're talking about here. Performance is the same on either fuel, which I guess rules out the injectors / fuel supply.

93 has had new plugs / rotor, guess I should check the leads.
93 has no brake problems / rubbing or any such.
93 has no codes, although it did once throw a 25/26 when I floored it after a misjudgment, and got up to 3,500 rpm - probably scared it !

Both cars have exactly the same fluids, both around 125k miles

Bascially, I want to make sure there are no good reasons for the performance difference before trying to find the problem... if I hadn't the opportunity to drive the cars side-by-side, I would never have imagined the '93 had any kind of problem.

I know the gearboxes are different but this doesn't seem quite right !

Thanks in advance - JB

My 93 was super gutless and then blew the HG. After milling the head and replacing PHH and the new HG I have about 20% more power. Might want to check your compression...

My 93 was super gutless and then blew the HG. After milling the head and replacing PHH and the new HG I have about 20% more power. Might want to check your compression...

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but thanks...

ya, sorry man. the good news is that it might be nothing right? :cheers:

nothing to add, hope it's nothing.
but?? why is the US spec computer an upgrade to your JDM truck?

oh, and also, highspeed is an arrogant bastard. :flipoff2:

(no offense, good taste in beer)

hehe, all good info ;)

Ref the computer, it's not the fact that it's from the US per se, it's just an upgrade from the older (hestation / ECM communication error ridden) factory one to the newer one that is known to solve the problems - which it did. I just thought it noteworthy that I couldn't find one (after looking for months) in the UK, so I had to get one from a boneyard in the US !!

Cheers all - JB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom