Why no TRD Pro Heritage Edition Matte Bronze on 100 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of these.. PT960-60200-05 So is there a reason I don't see any 100 series LC'S or LX 470's with the TRD Pro Heritage Edition Matte Bronze wheels? As far as I can tell it's the same wheel as the TRD Pro BBS Forged wheels off a Tundra? Is it a cost thing or do these not fit?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of these.. PT960-60200-05 So is there a reason I don't see any 100 series LC'S or LX 470's with the TRD Pro Heritage Edition Matte Bronze wheels? As far as I can tell it's the same wheel as the TRD Pro BBS Forged wheels off a Tundra? Is it a cost thing or do these not fit

The center caps on the newer 5/100 wheels need to be modified to work but plenty of people (myself included) have had a set of 200 series or Tundra wheels on our 100.

The center caps on the newer 5/100 wheels need to be modified to work but plenty of people (myself included) have had a set of 200 series or Tundra wheels on our 100.
So the TRD Pro Heritage Edition Matte Bronze wheels of the 200 series LC are 5X100, not 5X150?

So do you have to run spacers to get The center caps to fit?

So the TRD Pro Heritage Edition Matte Bronze wheels of the 200 series LC are 5X100, not 5X150?

So do you have to run spacers to get The center caps to fit?
5x150, typo.

Yes on spacers, or modify the center caps - detailed in the thread I referenced.

5x150, typo.

Yes on spacers, or modify the center caps - detailed in the thread I referenced.
Nice! So just to confirm, the TRD Pro Heritage Edition Matte Bronze wheels of the 200 series LC with fit my LX 470 no prob? I've looked through a bunch of wheel/tire threads and I cant remember seeing any LX 470's with these wheels. Surprising, not alot of guys are running these. Guess I'll be pretty exclusive having them.

Nice! So just to confirm, the TRD Pro Heritage Edition Matte Bronze wheels of the 200 series LC with fit my LX 470 no prob? I've looked through a bunch of wheel/tire threads and I cant remember seeing any LX 470's with these wheels. Surprising, not alot of guys are running these. Guess I'll be pretty exclusive having them.

This is in the thread I linked. Post number is in the screenshot:

Screenshot_20220418-155111.png

They won't fit no problem, they will need center cap modification or spacers to be run but the bolt pattern is correct.

The main reason you don’t see a whole lot of vehicles running them is because they are about $600/ea. and on strict lockdown for exclusivity, so you're lucky if you’re finding them locally from a private seller. From what I've heard, the only way to get them brand new from Toyota (or any parts website) is to provide your VIN and proof of damage to the original wheels.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of these.. PT960-60200-05 So is there a reason I don't see any 100 series LC'S or LX 470's with the TRD Pro Heritage Edition Matte Bronze wheels? As far as I can tell it's the same wheel as the TRD Pro BBS Forged wheels off a Tundra? Is it a cost thing or do these not fit?
This is the TRD wheels off of a Tundra with specs: 5x150 offset +60ET with 110mm center bore (casted method of production):
8A3E3C7D-00BF-470D-A77E-E161400207B1.jpeg

The wheels on the photo posted by @ZRTactical is off of a Land Cruiser Heritage edition (forged method of production) commissioned to BBS wheels. Same wheel spec everything except that the construction is “forged”.

Yes it’s either you modify the center cap or run them with wheel spacers so the center cap doesn’t hit the dust cap on the front hub flange.

This is the TRD wheels off of a Tundra with specs: 5x150 offset +60ET with 110mm center bore (casted method of production):View attachment 2985854

The wheels on the photo posted by @ZRTactical is off of a Land Cruiser Heritage edition (forged method of production) commissioned to BBS wheels. Same wheel spec everything except that the construction is “forged”.

Yes it’s either you modify the center cap or run them with wheel spacers so the center cap doesn’t hit the dust cap on the front hub flange.

I like these wheels also, especially with the powder coating. But by the time you power cost them it drives the cost up pretty high. The stock, flat machined face is ok.

The main reason you don’t see a whole lot of vehicles running them is because they are about $600/ea. and on strict lockdown for exclusivity, so you're lucky if you’re finding them locally from a private seller. From what I've heard, the only way to get them brand new from Toyota (or any parts website) is to provide your VIN and proof of damage to the original wheels.
Interesting… I called around to several local dealers and asked the kid on the phone about this and he said there was nothing ‘in the notes’ or anything he saw that restricts anyone from buying them. Does he just not know or Maybe it will get flagged from corporate or something?

The BBS’s do appeal to me over the cast ones due to the added strength and unsprung weight reduction. They will also carry a higher resale value.

I don’t like Bronze wheels so I went with some take off TRD Pro BBS in matte black.

Interesting… I called around to several local dealers and asked the kid on the phone about this and he said there was nothing ‘in the notes’ or anything he saw that restricts anyone from buying them. Does he just not know or Maybe it will get flagged from corporate or something?
Maybe times have changed since I last checked, but that's how it was a few years ago. With that being said I think they're awesome looking wheels and I'd love to have a set

Ok update:

I purchased the TRD PRO BBS’s wheels and the spidertrax 1.25” spacers model number: WHS023 which I believed were the right spacers for this setup to work. I Dropped off everything at the tire shop and I promptly received a call saying the spacers do not fit correctly. They said the center bore on the spacers was way to small and they tried to position them in several different ways (3,6,9 o’clock ect) and could not get them to fit.

I’ve read these spacers take some adjustment to get to fit properly on a 100 series LX, so did these guys just not try hard enough or do I have the wrong spacers? I called 4WP where I ordered them from and they said these spacers are the only option they show for the LX/Tundra 5x150.

I’m stumped guys… frustrated.. and out a ton of money with no new wheels and tires. I would really appreciate some help here.. I was so excited to get this setup on today. Total bummer.

I can’t offer much help, but…

1) I don’t believe that you mention which “spacers” that you’re using.

2) A “PT*” part number means that it is a port/dealer installed option (not Toyota Japan), or in other words, just an aftermarket part.

I can’t offer much help, but…

1) I don’t believe that you mention which “spacers” that you’re using.

2) A “PT*” part number means that it is a port/dealer installed option (not Toyota Japan), or in other words, just an aftermarket part.

JLB -

I have spidertrax 1.25” spacers model number: WHS023 and according to the tire shop they are not big enough which contradicts the research I’ve done on this site.

JLB -

I have spidertrax 1.25” spacers model number: WHS023 and according to the tire shop they are not big enough which contradicts the research I’ve done on this site.

From the Spidertrax website:

“Bigger tires need clearance and adding that suspension lift is only half the battle. Spidertrax 1.25" thick, 5 on 150mm bolt circle, 6061T6 aluminum spacers are an easy way of spacing out front and rear 2007-Up Toyota Tundra, 2008-Up Toyota Land Cruiser, and 2008-Up Sequoia axles that run OE wheels. This added spacing is necessary for keeping those larger tires from crashing into your frame rails and suspension links at full turn. Simply bolt-on like a wheel, and off to the trails you go.”

Doesn’t seem to mention the front of a LC/LX 100, but what do I know…

@waynegro, take a look at the two spacers on the right in this photo. Do at least two of yours have the notches in the bore? If not, they don’t fit a 100 front end.
1651767419924.jpeg

@waynegro, take a look at the two spacers on the right in this photo. Do at least two of yours have the notches in the bore? If not, they don’t fit a 100 front end.
View attachment 3001008
Please elaborate. I have a set of pretty identical spacers behind my RWs and none of them are cut like the 2 on the right in your picture.

View attachment 3001008
Thank you for the pics... this ending up being the issue.. No notches in the bore. I got in contact with the folks over at Slee and I think they got me straightened out.

Hopefully my next update post will be with a set of HE BBS's! Thanks for all the help fellas.

Please elaborate. I have a set of pretty identical spacers behind my RWs and none of them are cut like the 2 on the right in your picture.
IIRC spacers that are 1.25" and under need to be notched to fit the front hub. Anything above 1.5" (or is it 2"?) will clear fine and do no need to be notched.

Source: I have a set of SpiderTrax spacers 1.25" that are notched, I have tried a similar set from Amazon that are not notched and definitely will not fit.

The notches provide clearance for the flange bolts, I have BORA 1" spacers and they definitely needed those cut outs to fit on the front end.

edit... scraped this picture from another thread to illustrate.

1651799606009.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom