Why no diesel swaps in 100 series LC’s?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@l3n0x What’d you have to say? Says you quoted my post? But nothing there when I check.

It was a mishap. I wanted to reply to your post, then closed the browser, then another guy replied & when I replied to his comment it all get meshed together with the half-written reply to your comment:)

Eitherway, Yes, I don't know how the PO's were maintaining the engine & I only had it for 12k kms.

Pretty sure they didn’t. This crops up occasionally and is quickly shut down - no one has ever been able to come up with a build plate, I’m quite confident the most official they ever got was possibly a dealer conversion or two
I did see a picture of the compliance plate or whatever it is for one of them. Was a special order if it happened, that's about the extent of what I know

@Indestructible 47 might have some comment on FTE blowby
Yeah, blowby isn't always a sign of a needed rebuild. It can be caused by massive carbon build up internally amongst other things. Without knowing any other details, it's like trying to find treasure with no map.

I'm a believer in looking after your stuff. Look after it and it will look after you. Toyota spec an oil and filter change for the 1HD-FTE every 10,000kms. Many factory service intervals are sooner than most owners realise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom