Why no Coil-Over Suspension kits for the 100/LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It seems to me that since there's still a standard front shock mount up front it wouldn't be hard to do a coil-over kit and get rid of the torsion bar all together.

Then this would open up the door for longer travel kits/arms.

Admittedly I haven't spent a whole lot of time staring at my front end yet so i may be missing a critical link there.

Thoughts?

My guess is a two part answer.

First the answer for almost all "Why does someone..." is just that there isnt much market for it. Its kind of a boutique vehicle and i dont think it would be easily adapted to other platforms

Second guess would be packaging. The top of the shock comes very close to the upper arm (would require new anyway) and the lower comes close to the outer TRE. So the spring would not have too much vertical space to occupy. This is likely the reason for the torsion bar in the first place.

It just seems to me like it would be an easier way to better clearance/travel than having to go the SAS route. May be worth some effort to design something if I wasn't already trying to develop a new suspension seat for BlackHawk pilots.

In order to fit in a normal sized coilover to support our rigs the shock mount/bucket would need to be completely reworked as well as the arms. The upper arm doesn't have the clearance that is needed. All this is discussed in the other threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom