Why is there a hole in my door? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rfj62

SILVER Star
Threads
OK, so over the weekend I replaced my driver's door hinges and found what looks like a factory hole behind the weatherstripping, but when I look on the passenger side there is no hole. Is this hole suppose to be here, what is it for? I can't image someone drilling a hole there but people are crazy. ;) 210.jpg 211.jpg
What to you guys think?

By the way, the black stuff around the hole is primer. When the bottom hinge went bad, the door sagged, and by closing the door repeatedly it broke the welds that hold secure the top window frame to the door itself and the outer skin to the door, so I had to reweld it.
210.jpg
211.jpg

Mine doesnt have a hole? could it be a (PO) drain hole to not let water collect under stripping? I have seen stranger things PO's have done. This will be an entertaining thread.

PO hole for speaker wires?

Mine doesnt have a hole? could it be a (PO) drain hole to not let water collect under stripping?
If that's the case the water would drain right into the door, lets hope someones not that dumb.:D

I now when we prepped it to get it ready to weld we cleaned some seam sealer out of the area, is it possible that there was a rivet in there holding the two pieces together and it broke or came out with the stressing of the door that broke the welds?

There are supposed to be two counter sunk holes on each window frame in that area to hold the little black front guide block.
That looks like it is a little low for that though?

Yeah, this is a little lower

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom