Why I hate MY FJ60 today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doc

Threads
In honor of the previous thread:

1. My dumb @ss forgot to plug in my truck last night, and this morning it wouldn't start. I had to drive the wifey's 80 to work.

2. I hate that the 80's AWD makes everything else look like 1wd.

3. I hate that my door seals are old and I had to literally pry my door open this morning because water got in around them and froze it shut.

4. I hate living in Iowa with an old truck.

These are the threads that make me happy to be in Guatemala!! Frost, plugging in the truck and scraping windows are only memories! :) !

I've probably got the only truck with a block heater in Guatemala!

I thought my door was froze shut once

but I was drunk and had the wrong keys

Doc, Doc, Doc, welcome back to reality here in our great state of I-O-WAY!!! Overly hot summers and dang cold winters. :ban: When we moved back to the C.F. area, my wife insisted on a connected garage. :grinpimp: Our prevoius house only had a one car garage so mine stayed outside during the winter. Hey, atleast you have some hills and such to climb and mess around with, its pretty flat over here....:mad:

Blue 60

Yep, our garage is a single-porter as well, thus driving the nicely kept 80 instead. I guess I'll have to break out the timer and extension cord tonight. It's supposed to be even colder.

How cold was it that it wouldnt start? My stinkyfj60 will start at -20 without being plugged in. When I had the factory carb I had to pump like 40times an pull the choke, with the Weber its three pumps at that temp.
It doesnt move easy though, gear oil is all thick.

trick we use here in CO. spray a little non-stick Pam around the door gaskets. just a little... no more frozen doors. -other sean

Doc I feel for ya. I really do. We always get your weather a day later here. Make it stop. I'm not ready for winter yet! Although, I did just put my block heater in the 60 last week...

:)

I have a block heater, but some of the wires are not connected to anything....

Anyone have a short how-to?

hullendersauce said:
trick we use here in CO. spray a little non-stick Pam around the door gaskets. just a little... no more frozen doors. -other sean

I've never used that trick, but that is a good idea :D thanks!

I remember once hunting near Saguache, CO during a killer blizzard. Texicans and Okies were killing themselves to get out the mountains. It dropped a good foot of snow (good amount in that area) and the winds were howling. By the time I get back to my 1987 Mini, the doors were completely frozen becaues the wind had pushed so much moisture and then it froze. Too bad I never though about the Pam thing.

stinkyfj60 said:
How cold was it that it wouldnt start? My stinkyfj60 will start at -20 without being plugged in. When I had the factory carb I had to pump like 40times an pull the choke, .

About 4 degrees or so. I didn't spend a lot of time trying to get it to start... choked it, didn't start. Pumped the gas a few times (not mroe than 10) no start...

Factory carb.

I was in a hurry so I just took the 80. Wifey isn't going anyplace today.

I knew I should have plugged it in last night, but I was lazy and didn't feel well enough to go digging around in the cold garage for the timer. I have my heater on a timer when plugged in- usually no more than two hours of heating are needed.

Yeeeaaaa, frozen door locks, block heaters, yada-yada-yada

chit man, I'll stay here & swallow a few hurricanes now & then . . .

Pete in sunny, cozy warm Flah-ra-dah . . .

Yep-I hate this winter weather. It must have gotten down to 50 degrees last night. Oh yeah-the 60 started on the first crank!:flipoff2:

In California it's cheaper to build a new garage than to run a block heater for winter season!

i hate my 60 toay because all the banging i did to install my shackle lift cracked the tailpipe artthe muffler. and today is going to be the LAST day of decent weather, probably until april.
so under the truck i go, suited up like an eskimo, WHEN i can get around to it.
but i do have a block heater!
hammer

today i hate my 60 cuz everytime i fix an exhaust leak I make a new one. and it runs like @&@&@&@& until i drive it for 20 min in this colder weather

the mighty 3FE always starts! might be time to trade that 60 in for a nice 62! I still have that 3FE sticker as well if you get a 62 :D

today I hate my 60 because we don't cuddle like we used to. She is all into big tires and size matters and stuff ,and I am like what about..... nevermind.

Even though she is sitting in the garage with the hood up now getting some sorely needed replecement parts I could never hate on the 60.

P.S. Supposed to drop into the 50s here in the next couple of days. Can one of you snowmen send down a block heater?:grinpimp:

jefferson-mo said:
In California it's cheaper to build a new garage than to run a block heater for winter season!

Is it that expensive for energy there? Wow. Yeah its freezing here..been in the high 60's low 70's here. Crazy crazy I tell you!

Supposed to be only 50 tomm for the high. I guess I might have to wear a coat in the AM.

A coat?! We don't break out the coats here until it gets below 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom