Why I Drive a LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my way rolling out at 05:30 on 02-24-23 I was stopped at a signal when what appeared to be two street racing vehicles approached at high speed. This Scion two door slammed into the back of me. To my astonishment I drove the LX out of the intersection to the side of the road. Also to my astonishment the second racing car pulled up and extricated the Scion driver and fled the scene. I am at a lose to describe the impact the Lexus sustained. The left rear body material was rubbing on the tire and I had done an AHC override switch and simply held the wagon in the up position and drove it a short distance to my sons address. My injuries are a broken nose and a smashed face but far less than what would have happened had I been in a mouse car. And no air bags do not deploy in a rear end impact. The sensors are in the front. Those 100 series and LX love fuel but at this time worth every penny.

A12 pictures 427.jpg

A12 pictures 421.jpg

A12 pictures 455.jpg

A12 pictures 454.jpg

Glad you are ok. Another reassurance to the tank like qualities of our trucks. Hopefully they find and fully prosecute that scum.

May I ask how you broke your nose and hit your face? Were you wearing a seatbelt or was there lots of slack in it before lockup?

atleast you can walk away from it.
are you covered?
it's just crazy what people are doing now a days
my company has installed cameras in all their vehicles now. early in Feb, early in the morning, still dark, 2 lane road, a car passed a concrete mixer truck and slammed on it's brakes, truck hit car, driver tells car driver it's all on video, guy gets back in car and drives away dragging his bumper.
without the camera, it would have been the mixer drivers fault

Sure. I have been treating for back pain and a smashed nose. The other driver had fled and did turn them self in. A female I do not have an age. I do now she is charged with a felony hit and run. Her insurer is Progressive and has accepted liability so far. A rep of theirs has been out to go over the LX470 and indicates in a text that it is most likely a total due to frame bend. I inquired about frame straightening and he said, not done due to liability. My service tech I sent it to said the bending is primarily the receiver hitch and attachment. And so it goes, my back is the most important at this point. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom