Why doesn't Toyota do this?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

200 series truck was designed for a world market. USA sales have been an after thought for decades when it comes to the cruiser. Tell me which cruiser series ever came with cutting edge tech? Not the design focus of the 200 nor any cruiser series.

200 series truck was designed for a world market. USA sales have been an after thought for decades when it comes to the cruiser. Tell me which cruiser series ever came with cutting edge tech? Not the design focus of the 200 nor any cruiser series.
Ah, aren’t you’re forgetting the 100 series (Lexus) Night View?

Weren’t Nav systems somewhat “cutting edge” ~2001?

Last edited:
The Porsche system is $1500 because their customers will pay that much, as many have noted. A Toyota version could be $400.

And as far as the market being "small" just look at the size of the community on this site alone. Not everything has to make a huge profit. Helping the community has a lot of intangible value too. Anyway, just thought it was an interesting piece.
I'm not sure where you're getting pricing estimates, but here's the existing extremely-high-production non-nav radio head unit for the 4Runner. Through a common discount online dealer, it's still over $3k.

The Porsche unit is cheap at $1500. OEM electronics are $$$$$.

1674922466191.png

Reactions: jLB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom