why does my rig fog up inside when i blow the heat at high ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my 91 LC fogs up inside whenever its cold outside and i put the heat on high, all the windows fog up even the rear, ??? all my windows are closed. some help please

You need to run the A/C even when the heater is on. I will dehumidify the air.

only use recirc until it gets warm, if it gets too warm, you build up humidity.

Are your carpets wet? like from snow melt or plugged drains?

you can do what my dad always tried...."Quit breathing! yer foggin it up!"

Anti-fog

If those things don't work,

I had the same problem with my '91. I found a bottle of "Anti-Fog" by 3M at auto zone for $4. just clean your windows on the inside really good and apply this. Works a lot like Rain-X for the inside and it works great.

i saw that my passenger side door doesnt have the seal at the bottom of the window. could that be it ?

In Flagstaff Arizona you probably don't have a lot of humidity in the air. My guess would be your heater is in constant recirculation mode--pulling "wet" air from the cabin and recirculating it. If it were pulling dry, Flagstaff air from the outside, you should probably have clean windows whether the heat was on high or not.

Running the A/C should be enough to keep the truck fog-free. We have really high humidity here and I have the same issue if I don't run the A/C and I never run it with fresh air, always recirc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom