Why do we charge club dues? Or better yet, what do I get for my dues? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
after being asked more than once in the past few days I thought that this was a good time to bring this up.

Club dues to Copper State Cruisers are $20/year. For that $20 investment each year you will receive 1 T-shirt ($12 Value), 1 Club Sticker ($4 value) and a copy of the club Trust Land Permit ($20 Value). As a club any monies generated from memberships go right back into the club. We have Members who are paying for our web hosting and domain rights directly out of their pockets. The Club’s Trust Permit was purchased by LandcruiserPhil with his own money. Desert Dude provided shirts and a fat roll of raffle tickets for the first trail cleanup out of his own pocket. None of these people have been compensated with club money for what they give. The hopes are that at some point the club will be self sufficient and generate enough money on it’s own to hold a couple great club sponsored events per year along with generating money for club chosen charities. Not only do you get these great club logo items and a State Trust Land Permit but you get to hang around with all these great people. Nobody here is in this to make money. We’re here to make friends and make a difference, that’s all.

I thought I was buying the opportunity to shake your hand!! :D

Well put , B

You can shake my hand for free. But if you want to talk Cruisers it's $20 up front.

Also I would like to add - at some point soon we will set up a professional non profit org status - and as a club, I hope to make real strides in trail clean up - and 4X4 event coordination. As this thing of ours grows and folks from other clubs learn about CSC and AZ wheeling, being a member of this group will be well worth the 20 bucks.

We are just starting up - remember it is "our club" so that 20 bucks also gives you a voice as to how you would like this club to be.

I hope we get a store up and runnin - with Paypal - I forgot to include money for a t-shirt for the wife and almost got shot!

This fall - we will be hosting a run to Canyon de Chelly and parts unknown...we will be calling it the Skinwalker Bash!

Jeff

Chupacabra are not Native American folklore. They're Latin American.

FD,
How many trucks is your guide allowed to "guide" at one time? If the Skinwalker Bash turns out remotely like the Jerome run (which I wouldn't doubt it happening considering the exclusivity of the area) you could very easily end up with 20 to 30 rigs wanting to go.

Me three! I love the Canyon

I will have to ask...

I was just throwing that out - cool - interest!

I am gonna get cool native t-shirts...done...so...

We can all camp up canyon for a night...that is always fun and Vic (my little sis) is hot and fiesty!

Just home after 300 miles in the 40 - wife hated it - I loved it!

Off to Alpine and the cabin in the mornin!

Hey, sorry to interupt your thread :D

What is a trust land permit?

PS... JOIN THE CLUB, Your AZ group sounds like a good group!

hey Kurt - good to see you here - I wish we could have talked more at CMoab...

AZ has so much state owned land a state trust if you will - to be legal to recreate on that land ( which sometimes is between locations) you should have a state land trust permit. Land Cruiser Phil organized getting the permit for our group - As a CSC group member and with this permit you can now legally recreate on State trust land. I always carry one with me when out in the lands of AZ...;)

Our club is just laying out the ground work for expedition runs throughout the state to be posted here soon - We are lucky enough to have some of the best wheeling and views in the Southwest...

Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
desertdude said:
I wil try and disreguard that comment :ban:

little being relative - 28 compared to 40.....

fiesty a polite term for bitchy....

hot meaning well a hotty... :beer:

Kurt,
DD pretty much nailed it down. Each individual recreating on State Trust land must have a permit or be covered by a Family or Club permit. A permit is $20 per year. With this permit you are allowed to recreate on all of Arizona's Trust land. Fines for people caught on Trust land w/o a propper permit can be quite extensive. As many of the runs that we do are either on Trust land or near trust land that you must cross in order to get to them, it is a wise idea that each and every person and or vehicle have a permit in their possesion. As a club we made a decision to provide a "Club" permit to cover all members.

freightdog said:
little being relative - 28 compared to 40.....

fiesty a polite term for bitchy....

hot meaning well a hotty... :beer:

Why use your sister as bait - the canyon is hot enough :D

Thanks for the insight desertdude & BMAN, interesting concept, I guess it is a way for the trust lands to generate revenue without having to sell them. In Utah, they sell parcels every six months or so, and at that, you can go bid on property at anytime. They also lease the property in alot of circumstances, the last UROC event was on SITLA land. Thanks again! :D

Tools R Us said:
Would love to do the canyon, but will pass on the sister thing, already have one! :D

Sorry - I was just kidding about my sis! She is a Navajo girl I have known for ever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom