Why do the brake hardlines run to the front of the chassis? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just doing some work to the cruiser and was looking at the brake lines... anyone know why Toyota decided to run the hardlines all the way to the front (next to the radiator) rather than just heading down to the chassis like on the 60 series? I really can’t figure out the advantage....

Cheers

Yeah and what's with the hard lines being coiled up as well. Never understood that either.

+1 @retrofive -

In the days of mechanical oil pressure gauges & copper tubing, proper install was to do a couple coils between the sender & where the line made contact with the body.

You did it for the flex when you revv’ed the motor.
That way nobody stress-cracked the tubing.

+1 @retrofive -

In the days of mechanical oil pressure gauges & copper tubing, proper install was to do a couple coils between the sender & where the line made contact with the body.

You did it for the flex when you revv’ed the motor.
That way nobody stress-cracked the tubing.

The coil above the ABS module on the DS of the engine bay?

One more example of Toyota going the extra mile to make sure your rig operates trouble free for as long as possible.

Rigid designs tend to fatigue and then crack.

This is also to allow body movement and flex since the body and frame can move independently of one another. Watch what happens during a diagonal flex session and see how much the body moves in relation to the frame.

It allows for flex, thermal expansion and contraction, and vibration isolation.

I’d guess he’s refusing to the extra length on the driver side caliper run.

I believe it was a early abs system requirement. Do to the system being rather slow for today’s standards they may have been able to measure left and right bias during abs activation do to in equal lengths. So they lengthens the shorter run to match the long.

Just my theory I removed the extra length when I did engine swap and coil over to clean up the frame .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom