Why do my rear windows keep poping off motors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had both sides of the rear windows pop off the motors today. I had rear passengers that were using the windows alot. When I disassembled both of them it was the same thing on both sides. The roller on the motor assembly looks like it pops out the rear of the window track. It looks to me like the window has some side to side play in the track. Does this sound like worn window runs or is there other parts that should be keeping the motor mechanism in the window track?

I followed the steps in this post and have done it twice over the years. Just go slow, with gentle pressure, and the channel on the bottom of the window will shift back to its correct position.

Note - Despite the title of the thread, you DO NOT need to pull the glass out of the channel to reposition it.

window off track, pull the glass?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I was typing the original post on my crappy phone from the parking lot where i had removed both door cards efore the 900 mile drive home. So i apologies about the crappy description. But sliding the metal track on the glass makes sense. I will give it a try.

This happened to me recently. In the desert. During a thunderstorm.

:lol:

Now that I know what's wrong I can go in there and fix it.

:cheers:

same here when i bought my 80,PO unplugged motor i guess because it was coming off track,while your in there lube the tracks.

I had the same issue. Local land cruiser shop said land cruisers are the only Toyota truck/suv without glued windows.

They put a real light bead of silicon on the track then seat the window in it. Been working great so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom