Dodge Why did you buy a Dodge? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ford and Chevy have more recalls than Dodge.

That's more an aspect of business responsibility than anything else. Recalls only indicate what problems the manufacturer has chosen to repair instead of leaving the customer stranded with them.
Toyota has more recalls (disregarding the acceleration issues two years back) than Ford or Chevy, and that speaks of responsibility. Yeah the 3.Slow sucks, but they owned up to it, and offer lifetime headgaskets to owners. My dad's 2003 Ranger has had more recalls than I can shake a stick at, but it's also the most reliable vehicle my family has ever owned. My cousin's CTD Dodge has had NO recalls, but he's on his second transmission, apparently Dodge doesn't believe people who buy their junk will use them to haul things like fabrication equipment, metal, cars, and horses, and so they left him holding the sack when the tranny burned up.
I can think of three things Mopar uses in their wire harnesses that should have been recalled.

Naw. It was the dude who said "as you can see from my sig line I have blah, blah, blah."

Ah, sense has been made.

As to the connecting statement along with the sig bit, regarding Mopar motors dominating since the mid-sixties, et cetera, I would say the Ford 427 Cammer would have beat them out handsomely, but as we all know, Mopar cried crocodile tears the moment someone besides them had a secret weapon. (Also proof that a GOOD car company could produce monsterous power with less weight and bulk).

I would love to put one of those into a fastback Mustang, but I'd hate to have to screw around with two timing chains.

Ramcharger.

Cause every one I have had has been wonderful to me, and I have had and do have quite a few. Have always loved the Ramchargers. Mine is 33 years old, came from Guatemala and still fun to drive.
100_5143.jpg

Last edited:
love them ramchargers!

for me, my 2007 durango is still smooth and rattle free after 1 1/2 years. the hemi is an awesome motor. i think the build quality is very good. mind you, it hasnt been off the pavement.

also, it gets 25-26 mpg at around 100-110 km/hr with i the cylinder deactivation thingy. pretty good for a big fast AWD suv.. but stop n go traffic it's 10 mpg at best.

Love my '05, nothing like pulling grades with the 5th wheel at 1500RPM. You just can't beat the Cummins engine. Mine is bone stock with a Smarty Jr tuner (run on tow setting only), still pulls hard. Had a '92 before this one, motor was great truck just got old (plus I wanted 4WD).

I bought my dodge for the cummins. It is 20 years old and going strong with no problems.

sparkplug said:
I bought my dodge for the cummins. It is 20 years old and going strong with no problems.

And a nice one at that ;)

not...

love them ramchargers!

for me, my 2007 durango is still smooth and rattle free after 1 1/2 years. the hemi is an awesome motor. i think the build quality is very good. mind you, it hasnt been off the pavement.

also, it gets 25-26 mpg at around 100-110 km/hr with i the cylinder deactivation thingy. pretty good for a big fast AWD suv.. but stop n go traffic it's 10 mpg at best.

My Ramcharger is definitely not rattle free.;)

I had a 96 dakota auto with the 318, it had 280k on it when I sold her. The tranny didnt like going into 2nd gear, but she never failed me.
RIP petuñia

Sent from my HTC EVO4G using IH8MUD

I've had 2 99 Cummins 2500's that I loved. Now have an 06 2500 CTD mega cab and it's a pulling beast in stock form. Love the Cummins motor. Only had to put a tranny in one (knock on wood). Both of the 99's had 200k on them when sold. All have gotten over 20 mpg on the hwy.

I've had 2 99 Cummins 2500's that I loved. Now have an 06 2500 CTD mega cab and it's a pulling beast in stock form. Love the Cummins motor. Only had to put a tranny in one (knock on wood). Both of the 99's had 200k on them when sold. All have gotten over 20 mpg on the hwy.

Nice :clap: I didn't know you picked up an 06 I look forward to seeing at SCC :cheers: I'm loving my 08 and can see a 10 model 1 ton in my future :D

cause it was only $750, 4wd, 318, longbed and did what it was supposed to do...hauled one 45 from wisconsin to colorado and took a few cruiser carcasses to the scrap yard. then it went bye bye;)

I recently picked up an 2012 Ram 3500 crew cab dually long box diesel, it replaced an 04 2500 quad cab short box diesel. One of the biggest reasons I went the Dodge or Ram as they call it now(other than a good experience with my old one), was the availability of a manual transmission, call me old fashioned but I hate automatics. The 04 2500 was an excellent vehicle to me, it consistently got 17-21 mpg and it never let me down. That said, I replaced all of the stock u-joints in the truck pretty early, the stock nongreasable units started failing around 40k/mi, I replaced all of them with greasable u-joints. I'm still getting used to the 12 3500, it's a significantly different configuration from the previous truck. So far I really like the exhaust brake and the integrated brake controller, they work better than I expected. The 6.7L Cummins is nice, I don't notice much of a difference from the 5.9L Cummins power wise, I still plan on a chip/programmer, exhaust and some other mods at some point; the 6.7L does have way more electronics and emissions crap. I liked the NV5600 6-speed manual in the 04 2500 more than the G56 6-speed manual in the 12 3500, I thought it was a slightly smoother shifting transmission. I have to put some miles on the new rig but so far it looks like it should be good truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom