Dodge Why did you buy a Dodge? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why, thank you, I think. :lol:

I bought my Challenger 'cuz I always wanted a muscle car and I bought my Truck 'cuz I wanted a Cummins diesel.

The truck just turned 20-years-old and it still does the job just fine Sir Gummer...........

In 1993 when I was looking for a diesel truck for a pull rig, the only manufacture that offered a good diesel engine was Dodge.

Chevy and Ford diesels?

Please. :lol:

Then again, in 1996, when I was looking for a replacement for the 1993, the only viable diesel engine option available was the Cummins in a Dodge. Still have the truck and I cannot think of a new vehicle that I would purchase to replace it with. No computer on this 1996 engine. No smog garbage. The only thing that I really do not like is the unitized front wheel bearing assemblies.

:meh:

The 2 main reasons are CUMMINS and solid front axle.

I have a 92 with 250000 miles and a 02 with 95000, both awesome trucks, the only issue with the 02 was the fuel lift pump problem that everyone has with the VP44 I put on a FASS and solved the problem.

Last edited:
Well I am in the farm machinery buisnes. I have had a 93-95-99-01 and a 2005
none of witch were bought with less than 100k noe of witch were sold with less than 250k that represents 17 years of cumming's turbo deisels. In 5 trucks I have had the 2001 in the shop for an injector pump. Thats all other than brakes and oil changes. nope no ac no clutches no rear ends nothing. all were 4wd all were manual transmissions. All were the highest gear ratio offerd deisel power is at low rpm 1700-2100

Everyone of these trucks saw plenty of trailer time 22k 30ft goose neck. pulling anything and everything that would fit on the trailer.Pulled heavy but I do not raw dog my trucks.

Every truck I have ever owned was bullydogged (run on tow haul only) K/N filter. 17mpg when you buy them after 100-125k 20-22 mpg

Most of my customers run dodges for there work trucks chevys for there sunday go to meeting truck enough said there.

Most all of them are converts from ford after the 6.0 disaster

My last Dodge was a 92 Dakota......damn good truck just ate brakes. Strangley enough I loved my Ramcharger. I always hated 360's.......except for the AMC version

Getting ready to pull the plug on a 06, 5.9 Megacab, looks like a really good truck

My pops drove a 73 d-100/360 swb pu, and I spent my youth rolling around the back of it. He sold it to my brother who sold it to me, and I totaled it.

I bought my 74 w-100 swb to replace it. 440/435/205 with the banjo style third 8 3/4 rear. Bomber. I've watched friends total their rigs around me on the same trails and my truck keeps rolling. 15 years later, three sets of tires, two rear ends (I'm rutheless), and an unreal amount of rocks (I'm a collector) later and it's doing great.

I bought my gen 1 durango as a family rig. The 360 in my 73 had 250k with no major work when I totaled it so the 5.9 was a must. It FLIES when you put the spurs to it. Stupid quick.
indexphpactiondlattachtopic87244.jpg

tentrucknight.jpg

Last edited:
i loooove my 01 cummins i wouldnt have it any other way, these are good trucks minus the front end wearing out (upper and lower balljoints) pretty quick like all the other dodges and fords ever made.

Mine is a 99 CTD 2wd extra cab with the short bed. I bought it because it was cheaper than the Ford. I have always been a Chevy guy but the Cummins has been a great tow rig. Last year I had it loaded down with camping gear, tools, coolers etc and a trailer full of 40 and got 18 mpg going to Superlift OHV park in Hot Springs, AR. The truck is stock with an auto tranny and 204K on the clock. I have had to do the lift pump twice and an Injection pump around 198K. Overall a great truck!

Later,

Last edited:
Fool. You get what you deserve.

F#*K U!!! If you don't like Mopars keep your mouth shut! I hate people like you!! If I get ticket to the band for this, it's worth it!

To answer the question:
Because I didn't want to follow the herd!! I don't care what make or model, every one of them has a problem!!

:popcorn:

I bought my 04 2500 CTD Ram mainly because of the Cummins, I also liked the NV5600 6-speed, the solid front axle, it's a comfortable rig and I like the looks of the Dodges. I also spoke with many people who used these trucks for 200k plus with minimal issues; that helped me go with the Dodge. The only "issues" I've had would be replacing all of the u-joints with greasable units, ball joints and keeping up on brake maintenance. I bought a Mopar and I guess I did get what I deserve; a good reliable truck.

Cause I wanted to go faster than 50mph heading up the CO mountains every weekend......yes, cruiser are slow!

i bought my 04 cummins to make the fj40 do 75mph .....on the trailer:D

I'm a little late to the party but just bought my first Dodge, '04 Cummins, 4x4, quad cab, LB, 70k miles.
Mostly because of the Cummins. The only other diesel i would even consider is Fords 7.3L. An IFS chevy is not even in the running for a 3/4 ton.......IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom