Why did Toyota USA post this diesel video their YouTube Channel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OR because people but wrong fuels in. I just had a guy at work fill the entire tank of a duramax with gas and then drive it until it seized. o_O

OR because people but wrong fuels in. I just had a guy at work fill the entire tank of a duramax with gas and then drive it until it seized. o_O
I've never heard of a misfueled diesel seizing. Normally they run rough, then when stopped they simply won't restart.

I heard a similar story where gaseline was introduced in the wrong tank at the gas station. Guy went two time inside to mention it smell like gaz (was filling with diesel). They said it was fine. Ended up they paid to fix the engine

Some marine engine won't take arctic diesel because there is less parafin. I saw injector seized because of that.

Depend how much diesel is left in the tank (viscosity).
Last summer a contractor mix the "red and the yellow" jerry can, put gas in the excavator. Start to run rough... emptyed the tank, drain filter and filled up with new diesel. Just fine...

Injectors and pump need some lubrication Which gaseline won't supply.

on one hand good news they just might finally give us something for diesel options after decades without. On the other hand disappointed they waited so long. do they really have to do everything as a response to sales of an existing big 3 product. They could have easily been ahead of the curve considering the products exist in some form in other markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom