Why are diesel engines painted one color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i know odd topic....not found a good answer. Noticed a lot of Diesel engines....my kubota included have everything on the engine painted the same color. Vs gas engines where often everything is a different color. Guessing it’s due to the industrial nature of diesels and they just spray them assembled all at once. Yeah/no?

I know that most manufacturers have their own color of the diesel engines, but it applies to boats to know which one is whose. Maybe in the car industry, the one color makes easier to spot leaks or other problems with it. I suppose in gas engines it's hard to spot any problem based on the color. Or maybe you are right and it's because of industrial thing. That's my theory.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
They say you can always change the car, but you can’t change your passion for it.

Easy to see leaks. Also a manufacturer thing but some manufacturers use different colors based on applications.Not sure if that is an industry thing but a lot of boat engines are painted white.

Having been around boats all my life, I have always associated specific colors with certain diesel engine manufacturers.
i.e.
Green - Volvo
Yellow - Cat
White - Cummins
Gray - Yanmar
Blue - Perkins
Red - Ford Lees

Now I have been looking at a lot of boats online lately and it seems most engines are now coming out painted white.
Cleaner looking, but not easier to keep looking clean, just kidding. Really is nice to have white engines, can spot oil leaks better and the quicker you catch them then it does make cleanup easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom