why? 3B pipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
i have not seen this before and am wondering why anyone would do this?

rear doors 048.jpg

rear doors 049.jpg

rear doors 050.jpg

That is weird. So the front one goes right into the front gear case it looks like? DId you unscrew it? It looks like it maybe has something to do with oil.
Never seen that before. Someone definately reinvented the wheel with this one.
g

On the Diesel Kikki IP on Isuzu 4BD2's, we have a pipe that supplies freshly filtered oil from the filter head to the IP pump and front IP drive gear at the timing cover. It is a hard pipe with banjo fittings.

I don't have a good picture showing the pipe, but it connects to the same areas as you show and then to the front cover.

The pictures show the front cover and the hard pipe/fittings.

Doug

100_0124.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

Last edited:
thanks
i have never seen it on a Toyota before ...
since most people NEVER even drain the oil out of there i am curious as to whether i should leave it there as it is interfering with the lower rad hose location.

The 3B does have a lube oil supply pipe that goes between those two ports (it drains back through the front timken bearing and flange)( its critical as it lubricates the fuel pumps actuating cams), but in stock configuration it has banjo fittings each end, and is nicely tucked under the fuel pump, so as to be almost unnoticeable. Looks like someone buggered up the original and used a brake line to replace it. It looks like the copper washers are still being used so maybe they didn't bugger up the casting threads, if so, get a stock set up, much cleaner.

thanks
since most people NEVER even drain the oil out of there i am curious as to whether i should leave it there as it is interfering with the lower rad hose location.

The oil drain you're thinking of is just aft, in the governor section alloy body.

thanks

The drain you're thinking of is aft of this port, on the alloy body of the governor.

Sorry for the double reply crushers, but here are pics of the oil pipe connections, front and rear. BTW, the governor body drain plug is the red one.

image-557466186.jpg

image-2527353450.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a shot of the manual, it's item 6.

image-3108493108.jpg

yep, you are correct ...
duh, i took a look at another 3B i had sitting here and immediately understood.
thanks for the clarification

De Nada, it's what we're all here for isn't it?

I think the 12HT have same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom