Whose got good prices on OME suspensions for the (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wob

Threads
80?

Re: Whose got good prices on OME suspensions for t

Gary Kardum
Phone: 707-996-5272

http://www.mudrak.com/index.html

OR I just picked up my "J" springs so I'll have a set of used OME springs available once I get the J springs installed...

Slee Offroad is the place to go. They set me up with my current set up and talked me through quite a bit to help me know what I actually wanted and what I would need to get it. It may cost a few pennies more, but the customer service is where the difference is made up.

I have no affiliation with Slee Offroad. I am just a satisfied customer. :G

www.sleeoffroad.com

Think if I bought the suspension from them, they'd throw in some sliders for free? :D :D

Ok, time to beat a dead horse.

Cheapest is not always the best. Especially if you are going to need technical assistance after purchase. Rogue is spot on. Some body like Slee(no affiliation here either), who does these things all day long will certainly know which end is up and will have a fair price. Dunno about mudrak, they could have the knowledge too. Ultimately you just need to "spin the wheel" and go for it.

Slee it is! :) :)

If you are in Nor cal, near Napa, Gary is da man. Totally cool guy, cruiser head, bought my OME from him.

He'll treat ya right. If your ordering from afar, I'd go Slee as well. Mudrak is 10 miles from me, so I kept my dollar local.

A lawyer that listens to Ten D...

What is the world coming to?

wob is in South Carolina.

Slee Offroad is an OME dealer and they can and will give good advice on your suspension and many other accessories. Christo is a regular on this and several other 80's lists.

FWIW, I've heard good things about Mudrak and he is a Cruiserhead and also supports the Cruiser community.

Both vendors are good choices so maybe you want to check out both web sites, give them both a call to discuss your plans for the truck then make your decision.

Lesson time.... I bought my first set of OME springs before I knew much about Slee Offroad or any vendors for that matter. I did an internet search for "best price" and found 4x4 Connection (quick, somebody give Junk CPR!) I called them the next day and ordered the springs. A few days later, that's what I got; 4 boxes of springs. No instructions. No offer to help, no nothing. Remember, this was before OME started labelling their springs Left and Right, so the cryptic DS/PS threw me. Anyway, after a few hours doing research on the web I got everything sorted out and got them installed. No thanks to the vendor that got my money but offered little else in return.

"Cheapest is not always the best. "
-Dan-

-B-

Good Advice,

I went w/ Mudrak, just to build a relationship w/ a cruiser only shop near me, whom I might need at some point, great to see a shop with like 20 cruisers in it, from 40's to 80's to a lot in the graveyard being used for parts.

That being said, and being a totally green w/ cruisers and auto repair in general, (uh..whers's the xfer?) ya can't top SLEE for giving out good direction. I had their notes in greasy hand installing my OME stufff, and it was bit for bit on the money.And, I can pick up the phone and call them, and they are there to help.

Great tech section too, and I'm waiting for their sliders and headlight harness

I did an internet search for "best price" and found 4x4 Connection (quick, somebody give Junk CPR!)   I called them the next day and ordered the springs. A few days later, that's what I got; 4 boxes of springs. No instructions. No offer to help, no nothing.  Remember, this was before OME started labelling their springs Left and Right, so the cryptic DS/PS threw me.  Anyway, after a few hours doing research on the web I got everything sorted out and got them installed. No thanks to the vendor that got my money but offered little else in return.
That's because the owner of cornhole connection is a frickin jackass. (sorry Woody and Gumby, but he is). I buy everything I can from Christo cause he's a frickin cool guy. He provides awesome support to everyone whether they buy from him or not. I've also swapped emails with Mudrak and have a bud that works part time there. He is an awesome dude. Sometimes wish I had more money to spread around :eek:, but I don't. :tear:

WARNING!!! SHAMELESS POST COUNT PADDING IN PROGRESS!!

"Sometimes wish I had more money to spread around  , but I don't."  

SIGH,DONT WE ALL,DONT WE ALL!!!!!!!

doug

Yes. Yes it is.

Samsoffroad in OK. $505 for the whole kit :) That is for the Medium load kit: 851 front and 860 rear springs, N73 shocks and N74e shocks, CA776 caster kit and the SD24 steering dampner. Not sure about the heavy load. Might be the same?

You will still have to pay the shipping unless your lucky like the PIMP and myself who live near ARB :G

Gotta love no shipping. ARB's warehouse is amazing, I was drooling all over myself. They loaded me up with stickers and all kinds of catalogs when I picked up my ARB bullbar (paid $545, no tax, no shipping) from Sams.

Good Luck

I live less than 30km from the ARB Factory :p Top that :D

I live less than 100 feet from a nice ARB Bullbar. &nbsp:Does that count? :dunno:

Samsoffroad in OK. $505 for the whole kit :) That is for the  Medium load kit: 851 front and 860 rear springs, N73 shocks and N74e shocks, CA776 caster kit and the SD24 steering dampner. Not sure about the heavy load. Might be the same?

You will still have to pay the shipping unless your lucky like the PIMP and myself who live near ARB :G

Gotta love no shipping. ARB's warehouse is amazing, I was drooling all over myself. They loaded me up with stickers and all kinds of catalogs when I picked up my ARB bullbar (paid $545, no tax, no shipping) from Sams.

Good Luck

LOL :) Hows this? I had a wierd noise(cling cling kinda thing) in the ARB locker in my fj60, so I took it to my buddies shop(they installed, have done 3-4 other ARB and gear swaps for me) well turns out we found some weird wear on the side gears(after only 2k) So called ARB and talked to Tim Lund, Tim says how bout this, I'll be over to the shop(in Puyullup) at 8am on thursday and will check it out and rebuild it on the spot for ya. Tim showed up, rebuilt it, and is sending the side gears back to OZ for ARB to look at.....said he had never seen anything like it(the side gears were only contacting in the center of the teeth)

ARB covered the rebuild, labor(shop) and gaskets ect. Thats some dang good customer service :)

What Scott......you didn't get the free bull bars they are giving away if you visit the wherehouse? bummer ;)

Yes living close to ARB is nice :G

Theres an article on Tim Lund and ARB in general in this months Offroad Adventures. Seems like a cool guy. Lookin forward to orderin my ARB's regardless of what Junk says :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom