x (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive never seen anyone making just a mid section. You may have to find another donor tub.

I went to a 3/4 Aqualu tub couple years ago and still have the old 3/4 tub. Floors and rockers a marginal, but door sill to b pillar are good donor. It’d be a shipping deal so that’d have to be factored in as well. Just a thought.

I saw this on CL, I don't know if this will work for you. Just a thought, no affiliation.

I saw this on CL, I don't know if this will work for you. Just a thought, no affiliation.
That looks like a time saver compared to piecing together floor boards, sills and rockers. Have that stripped and patch the rust and you have a solid tub. Any year discrepancies can be handled- I’ve seen pics of your other rigs.

That looks like a time saver compared to piecing together floor boards, sills and rockers. Have that stripped and patch the rust and you have a solid tub. Any year discrepancies can be handled- I’ve seen pics of your other rigs.
I had met up with the owner. For some reason the PO had narrowed the body (straight back from the cowl) I imagine that could be fixed. But he is looking to trade it for some powder coating. Dont know why he still has it up.

Kevo

Great catch on the odd narrowing. I believe I've seen a similar mod in the past. I forget how narrow it would make the interior but I would think it would be VERY tight for two people ;)

I wish I could claim most of the work on my rigs ;) I can mostly claim the ideas and having a master artisan execute for me.

The brake booster to firewall rib interference is my main concern. I would say most of the modifications I've seen to address the issue aren't clean. :(

The floor is only mildly concerning. Because I'm going to be doing a swap, the floor will end up getting hacked up.
In that case I still have sills available...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom