Who's who for door jam and front floor of 1975 FJ40?

Lil'John

SILVER Star

Title basically states it.

I've got a rear tub and a front dash but no mid section.

The rear tub looks like this:
spareTire_sml.jpg

I don't have a picture of the dash handy but imagine it doesn't have the door frame attached to it.

I know there is Cool Cruisers. Is there an alternative?

I'm looking for reasonable fit/finish. I probably won't be running a hard top but will have hard doors and bikini top.

I went to a 3/4 Aqualu tub couple years ago and still have the old 3/4 tub. Floors and rockers a marginal, but door sill to b pillar are good donor. It’d be a shipping deal so that’d have to be factored in as well. Just a thought.

Lil'John

SILVER Star

I will keep my eyes open for one. That's a nice looking rear tub!
I used my best picture of it ;) It does have a few small issues but a solid B.

A quick search showed classicparts4u might be an option. It sounds like those who actually used them found them reasonable and lots of 'complaints' from people who didn't buy or use them. Sadly, it looks like they only offer outer rocker and floors. I would still need inner rocker and door opening back.

I saw this on CL, I don't know if this will work for you. Just a thought, no affiliation.

Lil'John

SILVER Star

I saw this on CL, I don't know if this will work for you. Just a thought, no affiliation.
If I recall right, there is a weird split year from early to mid 70s(77???) to out of the cab gas tank(78??)

78 and later won't work for me. The earlier style had an issue with a firewall rib causing issues with the brake booster.

I've got a line on a good firewall forward that is 'year correct'. I'd rather start with a mostly correct year and work from there. Granted, this isn't a frame off restoration or even a 'rusto'-ration ;)

That looks like a time saver compared to piecing together floor boards, sills and rockers. Have that stripped and patch the rust and you have a solid tub. Any year discrepancies can be handled- I’ve seen pics of your other rigs.

kevos37

SILVER Star
That looks like a time saver compared to piecing together floor boards, sills and rockers. Have that stripped and patch the rust and you have a solid tub. Any year discrepancies can be handled- I’ve seen pics of your other rigs.
I had met up with the owner. For some reason the PO had narrowed the body (straight back from the cowl) I imagine that could be fixed. But he is looking to trade it for some powder coating. Dont know why he still has it up.

Kevo

Lil'John

SILVER Star

I had met up with the owner. For some reason the PO had narrowed the body (straight back from the cowl) I imagine that could be fixed. <snip>
Great catch on the odd narrowing. I believe I've seen a similar mod in the past. I forget how narrow it would make the interior but I would think it would be VERY tight for two people ;)

I wish I could claim most of the work on my rigs ;) I can mostly claim the ideas and having a master artisan execute for me.

The brake booster to firewall rib interference is my main concern. I would say most of the modifications I've seen to address the issue aren't clean. :(

The floor is only mildly concerning. Because I'm going to be doing a swap, the floor will end up getting hacked up.

Great catch on the odd narrowing. I believe I've seen a similar mod in the past. I forget how narrow it would make the interior but I would think it would be VERY tight for two people ;)

I wish I could claim most of the work on my rigs ;) I can mostly claim the ideas and having a master artisan execute for me.

The brake booster to firewall rib interference is my main concern. I would say most of the modifications I've seen to address the issue aren't clean. :(

The floor is only mildly concerning. Because I'm going to be doing a swap, the floor will end up getting hacked up.
In that case I still have sills available...

Top Bottom