Who's running elockers, had any problems? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brutal. Broken diff always makes for a bad/long day.
Im not going to argue the bad heat treat but that doesn't explain stripped adjuster wheels from being pushed out or installed wrong in the first place.

Saw one of these explode while we were out in the tule's. Extraction involved removing the RG on a steep snow/slush covered hill, limping out backwards down said hill, and then a 500 mile ride on a Uhaul trailer followed by an 875 mile bonzai run for the tow truck to get home in time for work. Word came back from the owner that he was told by the dealer (who fixed it under warranty for free) that it was a known issue, that the heat-treat of the gears was not done right & made them brittle.

Carvers Jct, NV roadside rest:
i-dFZXmjT-M.jpg
Are the 05 and newer the problem diffs? I have several pre 05 and several I don't know

Brutal. Broken diff always makes for a bad/long day.
Im not going to argue the bad heat treat but that doesn't explain stripped adjuster wheels from being pushed out or installed wrong in the first place.
Oh, see, I hadn't heard of those issues. Sounds like Mr. T's diff's dept. had a bad couple of years in there.

That is what happens when you move away from quality Japanese manufacturing and try to exploit bigger profit margins......
Oh, see, I hadn't heard of those issues. Sounds like Mr. T's diff's dept. had a bad couple of years in there.

Unions are both a boon and a bane on society. Some more than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom