Who’s running a Dobinson rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got back from GSMTR and was the lucky winner of a very generous gift certificate for Dobinson products. Thanks to Marshall at Trollhole’s Cruisers for donating the raffle prize!!

Now I have to figure out what to get. Their rear bumper looks pretty stout but they have a lot of other stuff also. So who’s running their rear bumper? I’d like to get some feedback before I decide if I want one of their bumpers or if I’m going to apply it to some of their other gear. TIA

Here are some pictures of the Dobinson's rear bumper

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Some pictures of the rear camera location. Be sure to get the right kit for your year model. Mine needed some cutting and splicing to Make it work.

rear camera1.jpg
rear camera2.jpg

Got my bumper on this weekend. I am very happy with it. The instructions leave a lot to be desired but the bumper is super stout. I painted the blingy diamond plate with black bed liner.
8F489036-0060-45A7-BE1B-351F94215CFE.jpeg
AA6E9519-060D-4A0F-A83C-801C043C65E4.jpeg
7592E02A-E080-4F3D-B244-243BBB9C9E34.jpeg
BF954D15-E125-484F-815D-FDE0DFB9F245.jpeg
C5D84AD1-CE61-457B-B354-7D0E1331D7C4.jpeg

The sides have slots in the brackets. I was worried that if I came down on something the “wings” might come up and hit the body so after they were in place I went back and drilled a hole and added an extra hardened bolt so the pieces are pinned and can’t move.
49A42BE0-C908-4DD6-BFA4-53BA2E8CC3E9.jpeg
829F20DC-3784-4AE5-B510-6D2BC77BB268.jpeg

I considered one but after seeing one in person ...Eeeeee ahh , they are a bumper only a mother would love .They look 100% better with makeup ... Paint to color look way better . I still don’t like the funky rubber filler , would have been a way better design if it was a one piece design .
I could not pay 2k + for that bumper for my truck

I have to agree about the little rubber piece. I wish it had been hard plastic or something. I was going to paint it to match the truck but was concerned the paint would crack and peel. There’s an additive you have to use on flexible parts but I’m not sure you can get color match with it already in it. It doesn’t bother me enough to pay a body shop to paint those little pieces. Some of the other bumpers are a little slicker looking but I like that this replaces the whole bumper cover. Not to mention I won a $1K Dobinson gift certificate from Trollhole’s at GSMTR. It’s a very stout bumper. My 200 isn’t my primary wheeling rig. It’s my DD, light trail, and tow rig. My 40 is my built rock rig so I’m sure this bumper will handle way more than my 200 will see.

I have to agree about the little rubber piece. I wish it had been hard plastic or something. I was going to paint it to match the truck but was concerned the paint would crack and peel. There’s an additive you have to use on flexible parts but I’m not sure you can get color match with it already in it. It doesn’t bother me enough to pay a body shop to paint those little pieces. Some of the other bumpers are a little slicker looking but I like that this replaces the whole bumper cover. Not to mention I won a $1K Dobinson gift certificate from Trollhole’s at GSMTR. It’s a very stout bumper. My 200 isn’t my primary wheeling rig. It’s my DD, light trail, and tow rig. My 40 is my built rock rig so I’m sure this bumper will handle way more than my 200 will see.

What rubber piece? I don't recall having any rubber pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom