Wanted Who's Got a BAD 80 Series Rear Axle Housing!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

Who's got a bad/bent rear axle housing for an 80 series. If you do and it's got disc brakes, we need to talk. I need ASAP.

I even included a diagram. Numero 9 for passenger side.

On the Right Rear, I need the E-brake setup. It is riveted to a backing plate that bolts all of the brake items to the axle housing. I don't care about the shoes and E brake pieces so much as I REALLY NEED the backing plate(It's all or nothing, one piece or assembly). Mine is bent where the caliper mounts to this. Basically, it's everything that you can unbolt from the housing after you remove the rotor, hub & axle shaft.

So until I replace it, rotor & caliper are misaligned and trashes my pads & rotor almost instantly .I took it off, beat the bloody crap out of it, BFH, smashed it between two pieces of train track, but it's Flippin' stout. 1/4" steel. Tried a torch it first but it's hard to beat on without destroying the E-brake parts and I won't truly know it's straight until I gamble with another set of pads & rotor.

I scoured most common sources, salvage yards & craigslist but most people want to sell me the entire axle housing assembly which I kinda understand, but I just need the dang brake mounting plate and I'm not buying an extra & expensive axle housing and I refuse paying 1/4 of what Toyota wants for them.

Let me know, PM, email, whichever. Email is same username @ gmail.

THanks,

Nick

Cruiser backing plate assy..jpg

ACTUALLY I LIED! SORRY. IT'S NOT NUMERO 9, IT'S 13. SORRY, LOOKED AT A DIFFERENT DIAGRAM EARLIER AND IT WAS 9 ON THAT ONE. i NEED 13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom