Whoo! Hoo! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tripleplate.com
I've had some particularly fun 4 wheeling experiences the last couple of weeks.  The last 2 weeks here have been very warm with the temperatures getting into the 60's a couple of times.  Most of the snow had melted leaving only certain areas still snow covered.  Well starting Thursday evening we got a heavy storm and ended up with 2 feet by this morning.  Myself and 5 other trucks met up today and ran some trails.  The snow was a lot deeper then anybody expected.  The area we were driving was completely free of snow as of Thursday.  On average the snow came up to the bottom of my doors.  Breaking trail was my buddy's '67FJ40 with 35's.  The other vehicles included a couple cherokees, an f150, and a Nissan PU.  The 2 cruisers broke the trail and damn, did it get deep.  The 40 was pushing snow so hard with the front bumper that we had to stop repeatedly to uncover the radiator that was absolutely packed in snow.  One particularly bad stretch had the snow depth even with my hood, no exageration.  The 40 was even struggling, having to back up then ram forward through a particularly bad section.  Even aired down, I got buried trying to navigate through his track.  The ARB had  a 3 foot berm of snow extending out in front of it.  I couldn't get my door open because the snow depth was about 6" below my windows.  The 40 had to tug me a couple of times to make it thought that section.  About 45 minutes later we had the whole group through, with some work.  It was a great time and was a good way to get some end of the season snow wheeling in.  I took some photos and will post them when I get them developed.  Absolutely beautiful out there and man were the snowmobiliers suprised to see trucks out that far.  We were fortunate to be cutting first tracks the entire way untill  we turned around.  The 40 kept running hot and having a hard time staying running.  The F150 got stuck alot and kept trying to overheat.  The Cherokees and Nissan hung back and drove on the broken trail.  My 80 purred and chugged along without registering a complaint, I love my truck. Overall, a great day.  Thought I'd share.   :D

Grrrr, I got stuck in the mud today, aired down and shoveled to get out. Worst of all was the mud smelled of manure, which they fertilized with 'till construction began last year. I may have to toss those boots. Send some of that snow to lower Michigan, Up!

No way, your gonna have to come and get it. ;)

Is it Scott from Holland? I'm confused by all of the changed names around here. Sounds like you need a winch for the jobsite, might even be a tax right off, ooh, that just gave me an idea. :D

I was out in the mud alot last week, didn't get stuck at all, but had some really close calls. I didn't get around to washing it, and from the heavy wet snow that we got early on, it kind of sponge bathed my truck. Today it was looking pretty clean! Gotta like that.

Wow! You had a good time! Thanks for sharing that! Can't wait to see pics! LOL!! the Ford got stuck.

He was running 33's too but was having a hard time putting the traction down. He also had the benefit of running behind me too. I was really plowing snow left by the 40 in the lead. On top of that, my 33's are only 9.50's and the Ford's were 12.50's and were exactly the same tire. My fronts are pretty worn, I can't wait to get some new rubber here soon. With 33x12.50's I could've really kicked ass out there.

I just got back in from 2 1/2 hours of getting some local kids, (about 18 yo) unstuck. They went along a road that had been used by a snow cat all winter. The only problem is that it has been warm lately and a section of the snow was rotten and melted out from water running underneath. One kid had an old Toy PU with a flatdeck, 35s and a chev 350. He was really stuck. They went home and got his buddies Sonoma with a 3" body lift, 1 1/2' susp lift and promptly got that stuck. That was late last night. :D ;) :D. I was going for a run this aft along that trail and came upon them shoveling their butts off, getting nowhere. So I finished my run, came back with the 80 and got them out. Lots of indirect pulling to get them back on the packed snow cat road. All in all lots of fun and successful. Next time I think they will get some decent recovery gear.
Sean

might even be a tax right off

Hmm, I'll look into that one. I still have the reciept for the ARB too. Not much to winch to after the dozers get done, mostly these are farm fields being developed. Perhaps I could carry a large Danforth, that'd look good on my rack! I like the muddy look, but I'll have to clean it before bringing it into the garage, pee-yooo!

-Scott from Holland

Up,

How did I know that you'd pick that one!

I ripped it off and have it as a background on one of the PC's at work.......Thanks Photoman!

Regards...Dan

HOLY S**T, We forgot the BBQ!

I NEED that!

I got the avatar to work, I wasn't checking the little box, stupid, stupid! :-[
that's great1 Nice avatar! :D

Up,

I was gonna tell him......Then I decided you should. :D

Yeah and giant tires! Like those arctic trucks! :D

Here you go. Didn't want to channel it with the Artic tires.
Bill

Bill,

Another MASTERPIECE....... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom