Whoah! Seriously comfy bike seat! What's your best choice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
ooolala...

tried a new (to me) seat. One of these things with an air bladder in (adjustable via Schraeder valve).

Seriously comfy!

I'm used to riding with hard as steel seats... Fool that I was!

My :censor: and :censor: are thanking me now...

It's not one of these huge wide comfort affairs. Still skinny enough for maneuvering.

Now to experiment with various pressures... Airing down for wheeling, anybody? :D

watcha you recommending as great seats?

I have a wtb Devo on my fully and an older specialized body geometry on my dirt jumper.

I like both but the speci wins when it comes to comfort. The devo just makes you more maneuverable and takes the edge off.

Selle Italia Flite Gel on my Rocky Mountain Element. The saddle feels like a road saddle, but honestly, is comfy and helps me haul ass through the woods.

brooks, once you are over the first 500 miles and it fits you ass there's nothing better

Terry fits me best.

this bladder seat feels a bit odd when not very firm I must say, you can feel your butt shifting positions. A bit (not much really) like sitting on a rubber ball. Still, way more comfy than the brick I used before and happy with it.

Brooks saddles are my favorite-when I am not on my recumbent. The leather is so comfortable (relative to my old flite).

Brooks- I've ridden a lot of saddles over the past 40 years and have settled on Brooks for road and mtn. Almost no friction and no pressure from sinking into a soft seat.

kinda cool to find a bike thread here. WTB all the way, I will be buying a Silverado soon and I have a new Specialized s-works saddle. I am not so keen on FiZik... is the bladder saddle for offroad or for a cruiser?

kinda cool to find a bike thread here. WTB all the way, I will be buying a Silverado soon and I have a new Specialized s-works saddle. I am not so keen on FiZik... is the bladder saddle for offroad or for a cruiser?

no idea what it is sold for, but I put it on a mountain bike. Reasonably narrow. Takes some time to get used to after the solid saddles, but I like it.

saddle comfort is about SHAPE of the saddle and how it fits YOUR butt.............

try as many as you can..........then make YOUR choice.

WTBs are great and seem to fit alot of shapes.
Flites are nice too-but probably not as wide a range of fit/shape as the WTB.

flight ti rail for me

I have the Titec el norte DH seat on my dually and the cheaper titec on my dj. Like a retard i ride the dh bike cross country and the seat performs great. They seem to last forever and are tough as nails.

D

I have really enjoyed the Specialized BG MTB saddle. It is what my bike was equipped with, and since it got good reviews I thought I would give it a shot... glad I did :D

Last edited:
I am still a stalker on the forum, but i thought I would add my two on this issue. A bike seat goes way beyond but comfort. Along with shoes, footbeds, cants it goes a long way into biomechanics on the bike. The right saddle needs to be the right width to support your ischial tuberosities (sit bones)in the position you ride in(ie upright or racer aero position). Too narrow of a saddle and they will collapse, possibly leading to you sitting off center on the saddle causing problems from the feet all the way up. Too wide of a saddle and it pushes the sit bones out, and causes pain and will make you ride to far forward on the saddle. Many saddles are "domed" shaped, or the center of the saddle (length wise) raises higher than where the sit bones meet the saddle. This will cause excess pressure on the "soft tissue" areas leading to loss of blood flow to the "important" area. This dome can also lead to inabillity to rotate the pelvis forward and cause lower back pains among other problems. I am a huge fan of Specialized Body Geometry saddles, there saddles are designed by a doctor that cycles and fits cyclist for a living. Well thats my abbreviated two cents on saddles.

Flite Ti original saddle my favorite. For a heavier saddle Selle San Marco.

Have tried the Brooks in the past but couldn't get past the break in period. This included wearing double chamois.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom