Who wants to play "Name That Part"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Goldbug

SILVER Star
Threads
This fell on the floor by the pedals as I was driving a few days ago. I'm thinking something from the heater. The spring was inside the sleave. Anyone know what it is and what it does? I haven't noticed any limitations on anything yet.

Thanks Mud!
11F1C8A8-7534-45B9-85B8-AA5D4C7651E0.jpeg

Dohicky?

Thingamagig? Framistat?

Is it a trick question? Random parts that rolled out from under the seat?

What vehicle do you have? If it's a Chevy it might be easy to explain.

Hah! Guess I should have included that. It's a '78 40 NAS. Mustard.

That's a good guess. I'll check when I get home.

Shouldn't usually be in a sleeve, but is that the clutch pedal return spring and/or brake pedal?
Exactly, Cluth or Brake pedal return spring. I'm Betting the Clutch side. Sleeve is correct.

Last edited:
Interesting wrt the sleeve. Anyone know why that return spring (clutch) would have the sleeve? Keep wires from getting entangled?

Interesting wrt the sleeve. Anyone know why that return spring (clutch) would have the sleeve? Keep wires from getting entangledsilence them - I’ve seen Toyota put sleeves on the inside and outside
That or silence them. I’ve seen sleeves from Toyota on the inside and outside of a spring, haven’t found a real reason yet.

This fell on the floor by the pedals as I was driving a few days ago. I'm thinking something from the heater. The spring was inside the sleave. Anyone know what it is and what it does? I haven't noticed any limitations on anything yet.

Thanks Mud!
View attachment 3039698
Clutch pedal return spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom