Who wants to help me install a snorkel on my '99 TLC in SoCal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who wants to help may be the wrong question, but rather who can help me install a snorkel on my '99 Cruiser?

My eBay Snorkel showed up in the mail last week and it's been sitting in my guest bedroom waiting for me to do something with it. I'm a DIYer when it comes to my Cruiser, but this install has got me slightly more nervous given the irreparable holes I need to drill in my fender and a-pillar. That, and I don't have any of the write bits/tools, including the rivet tool.

So, anyone that's got experience doing this near the Long Beach area who is willing to help me pull this off? I can pay with good beer, cash, or manual labor of equal or lesser value :p — whatever is clever. Needless to say, I can drive to you.

Thanks!

Who wants to help may be the wrong question, but rather who can help me install a snorkel on my '99 Cruiser?

My eBay Snorkel showed up in the mail last week and it's been sitting in my guest bedroom waiting for me to do something with it. I'm a DIYer when it comes to my Cruiser, but this install has got me slightly more nervous given the irreparable holes I need to drill in my fender and a-pillar. That, and I don't have any of the write bits/tools, including the rivet tool.

So, anyone that's got experience doing this near the Long Beach area who is willing to help me pull this off? I can pay with good beer, cash, or manual labor of equal or lesser value :p — whatever is clever. Needless to say, I can drive to you.

Thanks!

Would you plz share tge link for the one u bought as i want one too but not sure which knockoff version to buy. ARB is expensive!
Thank you!

I'll watch lol

I'd like to install one someday on my 99

Of course! This one seems to be great quality and came with a legit template. I personally wanted to buy from an online shop vs. eBay just in case there were quality issues and needed to return.

Link:
1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series Black Air Intake Snorkel System Kit

That is the one that I purchased on eBay. I like it because it does not say “Landcruiser” across the side like just about every other knock off does. Of course I still have not installed it because I just can’t seem to bring myself to cut that hole!

0BC798DB-D176-4C77-BB82-3283908C0DB0.jpeg
Do it!

Well, I might be able to help you. I live in San Clemente, where is LBC? (Long Beach City, Laguna Beach City, or?)
I'm also thinking of putting one on my rig also, so if we did it, we'd do both at the same time. So if we screw up, we can double our repair costs!:hillbilly: (just kidding...)
Seriously, I've put one on my previous expo rig. It as an F350 crewcab 4x4. There was no snorkel for it so I used a snorkel for a Land Rover Discovery (forgot which year) which was as close as I could get to the lines of my truck and access to my engine intake. It came out great!
So I do have some experience with snorkels. I have the tools, I'm an R&D engineer and I have the time because I'm between jobs right now.

Here's the problem:
Tomorrow at zero dark hundred, I'm leaving on vacation for Tahoe for 2 weeks and I have a couple of job interviews when I get back, so I don't know what my time and availability will be in 2 weeks. If you haven't done it by then, I may be able to help you/us mount it then.

Drilling the fender, no problem. I can’t bring myself to drill the A Pillar though, so I haven’t installed mine. I wonder how many people have bought snorkels but then decided they can’t go through with it. The Fender can be replaced, A Pillar can’t. If I was serious about going through water I should raise my breathers first, dust not a problem here so I thought that there really isn’t a need for a snorkel when it comes down to it. It would just be jewellery.

Dudes, tape on the template, mark/trace all holes and cuts with an exact-o, dryfit parts before cutting as best you can, and start drilling and cutting. Take your time and you'll be done in no time. Ebay snorkels, expect a trip or two to the hardware or autoparts store for something or other but should be fine. There is an Ebay snorkel thread, search it up and see the pics posted there. Maybe a different style snorkel, but the installs can not be that different.

I used a step drill for all drilled holes, and my dremel with a cut-off wheel, (more like 5 or 6 of them) and it went fairly smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom