Who wants to go to Death Valley this fall/ winter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy chit, I'd have DEFINITELY remembered that mess!
I guess it varies, I was through there in 2019 and it was clear sailing at 50mph all the way.

I guess it varies, I was through there in 2019 and it was clear sailing at 50mph all the way.

Oh, maybe I've gone through that area but the silt wasn't memorable in that year. This is very interesting.

Dang, I got no recollection.

The snow made getting into Saline from South Pass impossible.

Had to turn around at the turnoff for Hunter Mountain.

Bummed. Was looking forward to a couple of days of soaking.

Panamint gas prices as of this morning.

2D8B3855-C0AF-41B0-8341-8316956606C2.jpeg

No fighters at all. Cloud level was super low.

The snow made getting into Saline from South Pass impossible.

Had to turn around at the turnoff for Hunter Mountain.

Bummed. Was looking forward to a couple of days of soaking.

Panamint gas prices as of this morning.

View attachment 2878364

No fighters at all. Cloud level was super low.
Bummer man. I turned around on that same drive in similar conditions years ago and count it as one of my more intelligent moments!

Last edited:
Bu

Bummer man. I turned around on that same drive in similar conditions years ago and count it as one of my more intelligent moments!

Yeah. I thought hard on that. But 2 “expo as ****” 4Runners went down and were sliding all over the place. Not sure if they got out.

That steep down hill into Saline would not be a place I’d want to go ice skating on…. Would have gone over the side a long ways down.

Chains would have helped.

Yeah. I thought hard on that. But 2 “expo as f***” 4Runners went down and were sliding all over the place. Not sure if they got out.

That steep down hill into Saline would not be a place I’d want to go ice skating on…. Would have gone over the side a long ways down.

Chains would have helped.

Bummer dude, sorry to hear you got denied of some much needed soaking. :bang:

South pass in a snow storm has to be my scariest OMG-I'm-gonna-die moment ever.
It was that infamous year (2005 I think) where everyone who stayed in the valley got trapped there for a month.

South pass in a snow storm has to be my scariest OMG-I'm-gonna-die moment ever.
It was that infamous year (2005 I think) where everyone who stayed in the valley got trapped there for a month.
Haha! Trail Crew to the rescue!

I have a bend in the rear channel of the 45 from being pulled back with a hook repeatedly, punching my way through, a few feet at a time…that infamous year.
When we finally pulled into the springs, people came running up to find out how we had gotten through. They looked at us like we were the rescuers from Gilligan’s Island!

Last edited:
Okay, it's January. Anyone I'm looking for folks that want to meet up in Death Valley or Mojave Road or somewhere fun between now and May.

I’m planning to head out to Saline after presidents weekend next month.

I'd dying to get to Saline.

Okay, it's January. Anyone I'm looking for folks that want to meet up in Death Valley or Mojave Road or somewhere fun between now and May.
I'll be out to Death Valley with my kids sometime in the next few months. Haven't figured out details yet though. MR would be fun too!

Went into Saline Valley via Eureka Dunes, Dedecker, Steele Pass on 12/30 without issue. Out South pass on 1/1, again without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom