Who wants to go to Death Valley this fall/ winter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I’m dying to go back, looking for coconspirators

I’m dying to go back, looking for coconspirators
What part of DV are you planning to explore? We were there back in March and we hit up Lippincott trail and Cerro Gordo mines.

I'm open. I've done a few things, but DV is so huge.

Mahogany Flats Campground with a hike to the summit of Telescope Peak is great - the vertical drop to Badwater is 11,331 feet in a distance of about 15 miles. To the floor of Panamint Valley on the other side the drop is over 10,000 feet in about 8 miles. Nice views of the Sierra Nevada, including Mt. Whitney.

And at night we saw quite a few military jets heading from the direction of China Lake towards Area 51.

Titus Canyon?
We were planning to hit it on our last night but we figure we may not have enough time depending on how many vehicles are on the trail, we decided to have a big bonfire and a nice dinner that night and headed out first thing in the morning. We took 395 on our way back for a nice scenic route.

What part of DV are you planning to explore? We were there back in March and we hit up Lippincott trail and Cerro Gordo mines.
Were you with a group? We saw several Cruisers/Toyotas at Stovepipe wells and Saline Valley during that time...

:hmm:

Interested. Fair warning rig is much more capable than myself. From Rohnert Park so local Sonoma County guy originally

Cool, we can go down together.

I’m interested over Thanksgiving if that works ? Have been 3 times before but never explored the Eastern side of the park. Also considering Anza Borrego and surrounding areas ?

Thanksgiving is not good for me, my oldest will be coming home from college for his first thanksgiving.

Hoping to get a trip in this winter/spring as well. Never been to Eureka dunes, so that is on my list.

Here's a 1st cut at something that might be interesting:

Big Pine - Eureka [can go Death Valley Rd to Jackass Cyn and up Saline to Eureka for more excitement]
Eureka - Racetrack [straight forward]
Racetrack - Hidden Valley - Panamint Springs [straight forward]
Panamint - Pleasant Cyn/South Park loop [A couple places are intimidating. I've done it on a dirt bike, but not the wide/long 80 series]
or
Panamint - Goler - Butte Valley - Death Valley proper

It seems like most of you all are NorCal, so running north-to-south might work ok? Or do you all come down through Bakersfield since 120 is closed?

1632865109821.png

Last edited:
That looks like a grea trip. I love to hit all those places. Direction doesn't' really matter.

FYI, I heard that Dedeckera canyon got washed out so the obstacles there are a little more challenging.

I was hoping to do a fall trip, but not sure I can make it happen.

That route is a good one, BUT there is only one gas stop at Panamint Springs Resort and it is normally AT LEAST 2 bucks a gallon more than anyway where else. Be advised lol

I'll be with the family, we will depart Vegas on 22nd run down to sequoia nat park. And maybe Yosemite. Can't get 2 crazy, lifted 200 with camp trailer. We did rubithon this yr in it
Mike
Pm if we can cross paths.

I'll be with the family, we will depart Vegas on 22nd run down to sequoia nat park. And maybe Yosemite. Can't get 2 crazy, lifted 200 with camp trailer. We did rubithon this yr in it
Mike
Pm if we can cross paths.
Stellar built finish your rig?

No, custom suspension from trollhole cruisers, bumpers, sliders and shock guards trail tailor. Bud built skids, front runner rack.
Mike

Dedeckera did get a little tougher than when I was there last in 2018. were out there 2 weeks back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom