Who wants to go to Baja Jan or Feb 2020? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
Planning a trip to northern Baja in January, looking for anyone that wants to join. Planing on going down the Compadre Trail through San Felipe to Bahia de Los Angeles, then across the Peninsula to Santa Rosaliita, then up to El Rosario and back to the states through Ensenada.

Hoping to do as many dirt roads as possible on the way, camping most places.

Have you done this before?

The upper half of the trip to San Felipe and Colonet - yes. Haven’t been to Bahia de Los Angeles yet.

I drove to Bay of LA 2 years ago over my Christmas break. I highly recommend it!

Make sure you bring lots of extra fuel if your economy isn't too great.

I would be interested in something sooner if you wanted to go on a trip this weekend, or Thanksgiving :)

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my #

Thanks,

Mike

if not for disliking seafood so much... and work, I'd be all for it

The chicken and steak down there are fantastic. Sliced thin, on a hot grill with oil, cilantro, garlic, salt, lemon.

here's the itinerary I'm working on for this trip.

Tour of Baja California Norte
Friday, Day 1 – Meet at Tecate at the little mall where the post office is, Enter at Tecate, drive down Compadre Trail, Camp on the trail somewhere
Saturday, Day 2 – Drive to the San Felipe and the Dry Lake Bed. I’d like to camp on the Dry Lake Bed and then drive into San Felipe the next day, but I’m happy to spend the night at a campground in San Felipe too.
Sunday, Day 3 – Drive form San Felipe to Bahia de Los Angeles.
Monday, Day 4 – free day in Bahia de Los Angeles. I’m assuming some folks may want to fish – not me. I’m happy to sit under a Palapa.
Tuesday, Day 5 – Over the peninsula to Santa Rosaliita. I’d like to see the Borjas mission
Wednesday, Day 6 – Free day Santa Rosaliita
Friday, Day 7 – Drive to El Rosario
Thursday, Day 8 – Another free day somewhere on the Pacific Coast, not sure where would be best
Saturday, Day 9 – Drive to near Ensenada, perhaps the wine country so we’re close to the border for an early crossing the next day.
Sunday, Day 10 – Cross at Tecate in the morning, say goodbye. Or people could have crossed back in Saturday and headed home as they preferred.

Any of the free days can be eliminated to make the trip shorter.

On the way down sounds like you are passing not far by the Guadalupe Canyon Oasis if you can swing it.

Old Mill/Don Eddie's, Coyote Cals, and Mikes sky ranch could be nice places to hit on the way back up when you hop over to the Pacific side.

Also between San Felipe and Bay of LA I can tell you there are a bunch of cool places to camp down off the side of the road by the water.
-Mike

Save

I'd love to hear all of it. I don't think we'll be going by Mikes, we'll be pretty south of that. But, I'd read about Guadalupe Canyon and that would be a great stop. Old Mill, Don Eddie's, Coyote Cals I'll have to find on the map and see.

Would love to do this on my dual sport husqvarna! Mikes sky ranch does dual sport rides down there. Too bad I have things called kids!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom