1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who uses TDD/Agile/XtremeProgramming/SCRUM

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by arcteryx, Aug 28, 2006.

1. arcteryx

arcteryx Supporting Vendor

If you and/or your company uses TDD/Agile/XP/SCRUM, I would like to hear from you. What are your thoughts, how far have you implemented it, how is it working, etc. For those who do not know, TDD is a type of methodology for developing software.
    Cheers,
    Jason

2. davegonz

davegonz Keeping it Weird SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I've used Agile (the ERP program) and it's cool compared to the previous Oracle implementation....Is that what you're going to be working on when you move down to Austin?

3. crholliday

crholliday Frisbeetarianist

Done some hardcore TDD and some softcore variations of XP (still laugh at XP). TDD is too regimented for me and always seems like a lot of time is wasted on test development - particularly when you are trying something new.

I find that I can be productive and unproductive using almost any methodology and no methodology. My experience has taught me that it is more about the people and less about the approach.

I will add that we are not a software shop.

C.

4. arcteryx

arcteryx Supporting Vendor

I am not familiar with the Agile ERP application. This is a relatively new methodology for developing software. And yes, I will be using this (and have been for almost 2 years) in my new position.

I am not sure how many Mudders are in the SW/IT industry, but for those that are, I wanted to get feedback on the pros/cons of within your shop.

Also, Dave, I just rolled in this morning- when is the next meeting?

5. davegonz

davegonz Keeping it Weird SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Last Thursday of the month...Rudy's on 183/Duval area. 7 pm.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">