Who the hell are you? ( intros ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all,

I decided to quit creeping and just log in already!

I'm Karl.
I'm a bit of a purist. I drive a lightly modified 1972 FJ40 which I've fought to keep on the road as a daily driver since 2006.
Pics will follow shortly...

Edit: As she sits now. Up on a fire road, North of Terrace BC.

IMG_1688.JPG

Last edited:
Hello all ! I'm JohnMac got my first Cruiser in 92, BJ42 , wheeled that dd for 10years, it's in rebuild mode now and an out of province inspection - know any rubber stampers for the out of province in Calgary ?
Picture 049.jpg
It's a keeper with no plans on selling.
I also have an fj45 I'll be bringing to Calgary hopefully soon this year.
Cheers

I never did formally introduce myself. I am Kevin, I live in Calgary but lurk on these Northern club forums because we don't have one. I have had an FJ45 to BJ45 conversion going for what seems like ten years now (thread in the 45 section). I got tired of watching instead of driving so about 18 months ago I picked up a BJ42 from Vancouver Island and cut all the rust out (there is a thread in the diesel section). Put 22,000km on her last summer and 6000 so far this summer. She is turbo charged, has an Aussie locker in back and an ARB in front, twin ARB 24V compressor, National Luna weekender 50 fridge and freezer and I made a matching M101A trailer to carry the tent. I work in CNC sheet metal manufacturing (think Laser cutting and CNC bending machines).

Pic of the 45 is when I got her home many moons ago.
IMG_3519.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG
P6180361.jpg

Old school. Nice

Hi Folks, Shane from Edmonton. Proud new owner of a 84 BJ42 that is in the initial process of a tear down to replace the entire rear tub.

see Wednesday meeting times, and welcome. got pics of this teardown

I'm Jason. Have been rolling in this HJ-61 going on 6 years now. Trying to keep up on maintenance as its my DD. Slowly adding mods as funds permit. This has been a great club to learn wheeling and wrenching with!

image.jpg

Byron here in Edmonton. Picked up a 96 80 series. Triple locked. Just working on refinishing the rusty ARB bumper then on to a knuckle rebuild. Will be adding a 4 inch Slee lift and rear bumper soon.

Byron here in Edmonton. Picked up a 96 80 series. Triple locked. Just working on refinishing the rusty ARB bumper then on to a knuckle rebuild. Will be adding a 4 inch Slee lift and rear bumper soon.
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out our monthly meetings and if you don't have anything going on this long weekend.... come to T BAR

T Bar! Insurance co. said my 61 is a "possible write off", but I'm going to TBar before I answer the phone from them!!!

What happened to your 61?

Someone drove into the left front door and quarter panel as I passed by them. They were stopped in a line of traffic waiting for a vehicle to turn left. About $2500 damage to each vehicle. Mine is just 2 dents but the insurance companies book value of an 88 cruiser isn't very high. Would not want to lose the 12HT to the scrap yard though! And considering I have the body parts in my yard already.

Let 'em write it off and then do a buy back. Not sure if insurance companies still do that, but back when I had my one and only write off, the insurance company offered it back to me first.

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out our monthly meetings and if you don't have anything going on this long weekend.... come to T BAR
Heading out of town for the long weekend but will keep an eye for meets and runs. When are the meets usually? The t4r will be my go to until the 80 is fixed up in a few months.

the crown and anchor every second Wednesday of the month around 6:30 or 7. The odd time there will be a work meeting. They are always posted here in the forum.

So now I feel like an idiot. I completely missed this sticky and started a new thread to introduce myself. Anyways I am Terry, I don’t have a land Cruiser yet, just my Chevy. I am on the lookout for a good Cruiser and I hope to purchase one within the next few months.

Anyway I can not upload a picture of my truck as I have not made enough posts yet, not that you guys are interested in an old Chevy.

Welcome. Come out to a meeting some time.

Seems like this group is pretty active, which is cool so I'll do an intro. I'm 24 years old, but I've owned four 60 series Land Cruiser's and currently drive an LX450 80 series, a 1UZ powered AE86 Corolla and an originally owned BJ60 I purchased from my father. Plans for the 80 would be a OME, 35''s, bumpers, and maybe even a RTT.

15210849480_694fa0ec24_b.jpg

15211145138_986b537e30_b.jpg

15011274126_d16903d8fb_b.jpg

My old BJ60. Do I ever miss it.

7259909038_de63a77942_b.jpg

Last edited:
That 60 is nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom