Who sells the best Weather stripping? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't purchased any for my Cruiser (yet) but I did buy some from JTOutfitters for my 1983 Toyota pickup. I was very pleased with the fit and quality of their stuff. Might check with them. Good luck!

Someone back at SOR said they cut weatherstripping of an old Astro sliding van door cause it was really fat supple and just cut it to fit. I bought hardtop weatherstripping from SOR, and was very pleased, I doubt their door weather stripping would be any different.

IMHO i would try and match it up with something out of JCwhittney catoulge or go down to the local auto body place and see what they have that is pretty close...i kick myself for spending 200dollars on the CCOT door seal kit i bought...could have spent about 50 bucks and got what i needed....now the CCOT stuff was ok and has held up well over the past couple months...so if you want the Best that you can get then get OEM

dont even think of wasting money with the CCOT s***. Just get a JC whitney catalog and get something close. that is all CCOt does and they rape you for the same stuff you could have pruchased for 10-15% of what they charge.

-Brett

The best weatherstrip is sold by Toyota, bar none.

Dave

I have to agree with Dave. I tried the aftermarket stuff (maybe from SOR, maybe from CCOT). It was cheaper. Stiffer and less pliable than the OEM stuff. Couldn't get a proper seal, so I chucked it and got the real stuff.
IDave

I completely agree with the other posts. The OEM is the only way to go. I have tried CCOT, JC Whitney, and others. Nothing fits properly. When you come to the cornes the aftermarket kits tell you to glue, cut, hold, shape, etc... It just does not work well. Some after market parts are acceptable but the weather-stripping go OEM.

My 2 cents....

Toyota OEM is the best by far.

I'd imagine it would be a lot of $$$$ to re-outfit a rig in OEM top to bottom. Gives me chills.

...best? yes. ... but bet it's a bunch for the total builder if resto. project :doh:.

OEM Toyota, price is not as bad as one would think.....and it fits perfect!

The best weatherstrip is sold by Toyota, bar none.

Dave

this is true, itll cost more but it will fit best

since my doors are only on for a few months i got cheap crap.

I noticed that CCOT has just started advertising some "new" weatherstriping that they SAY is better than Toyota...

But I'd still put my money on the Toyota stuff.

I just bought some and installed it Superbowl Sunday

I just bought the CCOT economy set which they claim is better than OEM but not as good as their best stuff. It was about $60.00 which at the time sounded like a good deal.
I needed it for all four doors of my BJ41.
The stuff for the back doors was ok. There aren't too many curves and they had already formed the corners (clipped a little, bent it, glued it). The front doors were cut to length but no curves formed. I had a hard time figuring out which way they were supposed to go as they came in a shape that wasn't condusive to gluing while sealing.
Anyhow, I got it all on. The back is satisfactory. The fronts bulge a little too much in some places and the doors are hard to latch. I'm hoping that they will squish enough to allow smooth opening and closing before the door latches break.
I haven't bought any others before but I think if I had it to do again I would buy OEM or just buy from a catalog for generic weather stripping.

P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom