Who rebuilds Longfields these days? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
I got a pair of Longfields in the shelf that need to be rebuild. One of them was clicking, I think. I don't see Longfield on a google search so I assume they've been sold to someone else? Is this service even offered by anybody?

Thanks.

I would get the rebuild kits that RCV sells. Are your long fields 24 or 30 spline in the bell? They are easy to do yourself regardless.

Oh cool, didn't realize I can simply replace the parts myself. I don't recall off hand the spline count while I'm at work.

FWIW, I believe RCV bought Longfield.

Not an expert, but I believe TrailGear bought the Longfield name and now has them made in China. If it was my junk, I'd just buy some RCV's. I have an extra flange kit it you decide to go this route.

RCV made the original Longfields for Bobby before the name was bought by Trailgear. If yours are originals I’d suggest talking to RCV to see if their rebuild kit would work.

RCV made the original Longfields for Bobby before the name was bought by Trailgear. If yours are originals I’d suggest talking to RCV to see if their rebuild kit would work.

copy that, will do.

Hopefully this thread isn't completely dead. I don't like the factory lockers on my LX450 so I picked up a couple of axles so that I can build a set I'll like. That said when I took apart the front I was a bit surprised to find that the front shafts were Longfield. However, they're also branded Trail Gear. I would put current made in China trail gear in but I heard that there were still some good ones being made even after TG bought them. (Though if RCV was making them for Bobby before TG bought the name them maybe not) I called TG and they had nothing on the part number in the system. 301478-1 15 27 above the part number.
Anyone have any definitive knowledge on what these might be? I'll be getting RCVs for the rear but if I have something good already in the front I don't mind saving some money.
Thanks.

Axle Part No.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom