who manufactures 80s toyota aluminum rims? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gold Boy

🇨🇦 🇺🇸
SILVER Star
Threads
who manufactures 80s tire stock aluminum rims for toyota?

tia :)

this one to be precise.
DSCF0142 (Small).JPG

I'm fairly certain Toyota makes this wheel. It is unusual in that it is not cast aluminum, but FORGED aluminum which is much stronger. Now if they'd made the surface coating equally strong we'd have something to brag about but unfortunately they all start looking like that one after a few years.....

DougM

X2 on toyota making them. nothing beats the lightweight and strength of these wheels. yes the finish has alot to be desired...but man these are imo the best oem wheels to put on a 6 bolt toy 4X4. when i put these wheels on my runner with 285 mt/r's...i swear they felt way lighter than the oem 4runner alloys with stock 265/70/16s.

yes maybe toyota did make these rims.

but there is another stamp brand mark on the rims that looks like an after market name brand, but which i don't know.

my jdm bj74 came with these rims which also have the same brand mark, but they don't look like stock bj74 toyota rims.

:confused:
DCP_1633.jpg

WOW! $256.3 million invested! Talking about helping out the local economy. . . .

Now if they'd made the surface coating equally strong we'd have something to brag about but unfortunately they all start looking like that one after a few years.....

DougM
That's what chrome is for...

NewTires005Small.jpg

Did they come that way or did you have 'em chromed?
When I bought the truck 10 years ago they were on it. I have had two replaced for different reasons and I bought a third for my bling spare.

Toyota doesn't chrome them. They are stock wheels chromed by aftermarket wheel companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom