Who makes customFj 40 frames (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched the forum and web wide. All I've found is Matkins Extreme ... with mixed reviews from this forum ... any other companies or shop fabers? Thanks again ... this forum has been a lot of help in the few days I've been reading throuh it.

bruce

matkins is the only one i know that has production frames...i'm sure proffitts' or somebody like jeremiah could make one for you for the right amount of $

what do you need custom? you can get a good stock frame and modify,

nuclearlemon said:
matkins is the only one i know that has production frames...i'm sure proffitts' or somebody like jeremiah could make one for you for the right amount of $

I know of Proffitts ... who is Jeremiah (I can hardly wait for the bullfrog comments :) )

3_puppies said:
what do you need custom? you can get a good stock frame and modify,

Lengthened ... still planning/day dreaming but Todd, at Aqualu, can supply an Aluminum body to whatever dimension. I'm thinking about a little more wheelbase. Proffitts can easily modify an existing one, they say. As I say, I'm in the very early stages of deciding just how I want to proceed.

I appreciate y'alls thoughts and input.

How long do you want it and what for?

That will give us a better idea on how to give you some advice.

warpdriv said:
How long do you want it and what for?

That will give us a better idea on how to give you some advice.

100 inches +/-. Want better on-road ride and a little more carrying capacity. Offroad it is more capable than I "use," in stock form. Camping, fishing gear, couple dogs, etc. I know I could go down and buy something off the showroom floor that would do what I need done. :eek: But the wife and I like old FJ40s. I want to go with an Aqualu Aluminum body and they can "stretch" one easily as they manufacturer it.

The fiberglass top would have to be lenghtened and the side pieces of the top ... the piece with the rear side windows, whatever they are called?

I appreciate all input ... thanks.

Damn, I wish I had thought of this when doing my aqualu tub, could have had a troopie for a touch more cash. Lengthening the hard top should not be terribly difficult. Who knows, maybe Ehsan makes or can make a one off troopie oem look soft top. Good luck to you.

ooooh, go troopy...

and i've only heard of matkins for production frames

jeremiah = proffitt (his first name, ha ha)

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom