Who makes 44" tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking for information only, not questions or statements asking why a 44" tire or how underpowered it will be or any of the other stuff. Just looking for manufacturers. So far I've come up with Super Swamper/ truxxs and the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw and pitbull rocker. I'm looking for something that will still be road worthy and has a longer life than 20k miles. I'm downsizing my lift and looking to make up for the loss of ground clearance. Would rather this than add even more weight with all kinds of armor. I'm already running 40" toyos.

Last edited:
Im not looking for questions or statements asking why a 44" tire or how underpowered it will be or any of the other stuff. Just looking for manufacturers. So far I've come up with Super Swamper/ truxxs and the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw and pitbull rocker. I'm looking for something that will still be road worthy and has a longer life than 20k miles. I'm downsizing my lift and looking to make up for the loss of ground clearance. Would rather this than add even more weight with all kinds of armor. I'm already running 40" toyos.
Wat

Arctic trucks has a few different 44" tires. I believe they have the Dick Cepek FC-II in 44" as well that we can not get here through dealers.

Less lift = Bigger tires???

Not trying to sass or preach at you, just trying to understand what you have and want. According to this formula, I have about the least lift possible on an 80 (OME 861/862). Does this mean that something even BIGGER than 44s are in my future?:hmm:

Less lift = Bigger tires???

Not trying to sass or preach at you, just trying to understand what you have and want. According to this formula, I have about the least lift possible on an 80 (OME 861/862). Does this mean that something even BIGGER than 44s are in my future?:hmm:

I don't see a problem.

581942d1299537528-big-tires-no-lift-lets-see-em-53sandnolift.gif

Jeremy,
I always thought there was some lift on the ice trucks, even though fitting the bigger tires was as much body work as lift. I don't think they're starting off tall and then getting low. And no mention of bodywork in the OPs post, so thought he was talking about something entirely different than that.

There's was a thread by a guy in Pennsylvania recently who did something that seemed to be coming out well, while keeping things low and even that project involved some lift.

I'm actually on that bandwagon myself, as the 861/862 coils on 33s is the very Junior version of those more extreme variants.

I guess it's the image that someone's downsizing their lift while already on 40s then intends to fit 44s, without making that vital connection you did, is what is throwing me here.

Jeremy,
I always thought there was some lift on the ice trucks, even though fitting the bigger tires was as much body work as lift. I don't think they're starting off tall and then getting low. And no mention of bodywork in the OPs post, so thought he was talking about something entirely different than that.

There's was a thread by a guy in Pennsylvania recently who did something that seemed to be coming out well, while keeping things low and even that project involved some lift.

I'm actually on that bandwagon myself, as the 861/862 coils on 33s is the very Junior version of those more extreme variants.

I guess it's the image that someone's downsizing their lift while already on 40s then intends to fit 44s, without making that vital connection you did, is what is throwing me here.
You are correct they do have lift. They modify the body extensively and then lift from there. Most probably have a 4ish" lift and some also have body lifts.

Low lift on big tires works well in some conditions and not in others.

I'm interested to see where the OP goes with all this.

I can't think of anything besides what you listed other than ags, or step it up to 46" michelins

How about a 41.5 pitbull rocker radial? or a 41" irok

I have 40s and tons...

I'd go to 41s/42s if I was going to go larger. I know it's not a huge jump, but 40s to 44s is a huge jump - in road manners.

How about shaving diff and working on getting a flatter belly and whatever else you can to tuck s*** up out the way and make it slide.

IDK man, lift or not, 40s on yota axles you have to have a lot of clearance, I guess I don't really understand your issues. Your belly height, even if you lower it a few inches has to be pretty decent too.

Alright. The issue being is that I'm dropping to a 4" lift coil and I'm already 3 linked and have stretched the rear wheel wells enough to fit 44" tires with a small amount of clearance. If you noticed in my signature line I did a rear wheel well trim a while back. The drop in suspension height puts my cruiser at drastically different ride height. I am lowering it to lower the CG and make it a little nicer off road in off camber situations. I'm already over 6700lbs with a full tank of fuel so I don't want to start adding a bunch of armor on the underside to protect the trans and transfer case etc... If i tuck the drive train I will be opening up a whole other can of worms. The suspension is designed around the current CG etc.. And tucking not only changes that, but would require either extensive body work or a body lift. If I use a body lift my bumpers don't come any further up so I'm still not solving anything. My bumpers are homemade and already rest against the frame horns on the front and bottom allowing me the most clearance I could achieve inward and upward. The idea is that I lose sprung lift height and not loose overall ground clearance. Going from a 40" tire to a 44" I gain back the lost 2" of lift with no aditional sprung weight.

Sounds like quite a plan, I really enjoyed your thread on making the rear wheel wells larger.

So I know you are lowing the suspention to lower your CG but if you are making that drop back up with 44 tires is your CG really lowered in the end?

no. gravity doesn't care if it is suspension or tires, the weight is in the same location. The only thing that might change slightly is the leverage on the axles from the links when the body leans, but the COG is not changing if you lower 2" and then raise 2".

Sounds like quite a plan, I really enjoyed your thread on making the rear wheel wells larger.

So I know you are lowing the suspention to lower your CG but if you are making that drop back up with 44 tires is your CG really lowered in the end?

Interesting truck, I like the way you're built it up. I don't see much issue going to a 44. If you've got the fender clearance.
Someone mentioned the Michelins, but mucho heavy. I think the Interco Irok is the way to go for you.

no. gravity doesn't care if it is suspension or tires, the weight is in the same location. The only thing that might change slightly is the leverage on the axles from the links when the body leans, but the COG is not changing if you lower 2" and then raise 2".
That's what I thought, I was not sure if I was missing something.

I agree try and get a lighter tire the Michilen tires are heavy bastards.

Pitbulls run on the big size...

Or rather on the "true" side when it comes to size.

I've had so many people swear my 37's are 40's cause they measure true 37"... I think most people are used to seeing 37's that are closer to 36 or even 35 after wear.

That said they may well be bigger then some stamped 40's out there.

So just know a PB 44... Is a big frickin tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom