Who makes 4" springs that are longer eye-eye than stock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did search but found no definitive answer. I've got unknown brand lift springs, I think they are 4" lift, but could be 2.5-3" lift. After I put some longer shackles and removed some weight from it I found the shackles are straight vertical in the back and only at a little forward angle in the front. Only thing I've found is people suggesting moving the spring hangers (not an option) or using longer springs. Similar complaints were read about OME, Skyjacker, Hell Creek springs.
So does anyone definitely make a set of 4" springs that will retain the proper shackle angle when using longer shackles on a vehicle on the light side? Or do I need to call someone and get a set custom made? The ride really blows now, but I'd live with it if I wasn't so worried about the shackles inverting when I wheel.

alcan or any custom shop can make you what you wantget some 60 srpings or 55 springs they are longer

So I could get some 55 or 60 lift springs and it would put me where I want?

Man-a-fre recently submitted a re-spec for their 40 "safari" springs, adding extra length to them.
The 4" rear is 46.25 eye to eye with a 21.5", 24.75" split
The 4" front is 45.5 eye to eye with a 20.75", 24.75" split
The 2 1/2" front is 44.5 eye to eye with a 20", 24.5" split

The 2 1/2 " rear is an OME knock off and hasn't been altered...yet

By comparison the 4" "Mohave" rear ( not in production yet ) is 48" eye to eye with a 21.5", 26.5" split
I've got one of two prototype sets. They work great with a 2" over shackle

Thanks for the measurements, I'll compare them to what I have. But damn those are expensive springs! But it's what I gotta then guess I will.

Maybe I was looking at the wrong pricing, I thought I read over $900 for the set of 4.

what are you going to do when the 4" SUA springs sag...and they ALL sag????

You are going to end up with a spring that is too long and a near horizontal shackle angle. Move your hanger and be done with it. When the springs sag you can move the hanger back.

Well lets see, the ones on there are at least 4 years old and have been wheeled. The rears have had a leaf removed already. So if they were going to sag, they already have and they are still too short. I'd rather buy the correct springs, than cut and weld hangers to match sucky springs.

you are kidding yourself and the only one laughing. my BTB's are 10yrs old, wheeled, 2 leafs removed and just broke in. 3 words: they all sag.

hummmmmm...$900 or move 2 hangers...sounds like a no-brainer to me.

do (or spend) as you please!

Trust me I'm not laughing. That's why I asked the question to get different perspectives and options; moving hangers is a last resort. Obviously the springs on it are not made correctly or I wouldn't have this issue. Even before the longer shackles the shackle angle wasn't much, maybe 5 or 10 degrees max. I'm not going to spend $900 on new springs, again it's why I asked for more options other than moving hangers. To me, moving hangers to fit ill fitting springs would be like doing an engine conversion and instead of placing it in the correct position it gets compromised and put in a place so that driveshafts don't have to be lengthened or shortened. Don't laugh I have seen people do and plan doing this kind of thing and build everything around the existing driveshaft length.
I'm positive there are reasonably priced correct length springs out there, I'm not the only person to have put on longer shackles on a lift spring and I know most of you have the correct shackle angle.

I'm going to have to side with fromme on this one. When they sag you add a leaf. Design your own add a leaf and have a spring shop build it. Go with the same thickness as those in the pack but add free arch to them to gain lift. Free arch is measured with the spring off, center of eyelets to top of arch.
All things sag with age..that's why the wonder bra was invented.
That doesn't mean we throw them out

when my Skyjacker 4" springs with add-a-leafs in the rear started to sag, I put 2" longer 4+ shackles in the rear :grinpimp:

now I'll need at least one new spring leaf/spring pack, 'cause I broke the third leaf from the bottom :eek:

another quality mangleage :rolleyes:

Just got an email quote back from deaver myself today $750 a pair and 3 weeks run time without shipping OUCH, but then again there made to your specs

makes moving the hangers all that more attractive, doesn't it?

Hi All:

AFAIK the "HFS" 4 inch lift springs sold by CCOT are longer than stock length.

Regards,

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom