Who lit off the most fireworks yesterday?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by mabrodis, Jul 5, 2005.

1. mabrodis

mabrodis

I know I won't win this, since this year was pretty low as far as fireworks...well not 'low' compared to neighbors, but low for me.

We had probably 300 bottlerockets, mixed whistling and quiet ones, spent a good hour lighting those off, me and a buddy while the rest of the family and the kids watched...my brother's son kept yelling out "YEAH, wahoo, look at that one go, these are good illegal fireworks".. :D So that was fun. Then lit off 12 whistling pete's, intermingled with 10-15 blackcat packs of 50-each. Countless sparklers, some fountain things (waste of money!), then I had some stuff I bought while driving back from Ohio many years ago, a few multi-shot morters. One was small, each tube was about 3/4" in dia, but it was a 25-shot package, that was fun. Then I had 4 bigger ones, each morter tube about 1-1/2" in dia, some were 9-shot, the rest were 15 or 20 shot, we decided rather than light them one after the other we'd light them all at once, to have a sweet show for about 30 seconds or so...so got them all lit, neighbors were cheering, it was crazy, probably 80 1-1/2" morters going up in 30 seconds or less...wow is that loud, but a sweet show! :cool:

Normally we'd have probably that times 10, but didn't get up to WY this year, so had to use my old stuff, turned out pretty good though.

So what'd you guys pop off?

2. Jman

Jman

I've eaten nothing but hot dogs with kraut and grilled onions, cole slaw, etc., for days and days, washed down with lots of beer, so I've "lit" my share over the past week. :D

3. mabrodis

mabrodis

LOL!! :D

Definetly had some good food yesterday, and topped it off with bananas foster I made...man that stuff is good! :D

4. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
  5. mabrodis

mabrodis

Cool...I tried to get some pictures of the city show we went to, but I couldn't get anything useful, however my friend sitting beside me got these:

http://pictures.erickinne.com/Misc/04_July_4__2005_-_Fireworks_in_Englewood/

There was no wind at all, so after about the first 10 minutes there was so much smoke the later pictures didn't look good, too gray, but wow, a hell of a show! (Englewood, CO show)

6. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

SOme kids in the power line cut behind the condo did ... don't worry, I'll speak to them . ;)

TY

7. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    For the best fireworks, hit a reservation near you.........

8. stayalert

stayalert SILVER Star

I lit off a propane burner and steamed ~20 lobsters....mmmmmmm

9. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I smoked 7 Boston Butts and 1 nice size Brisket. Had a drink machine one peach daquris the other side pina colada. 40 of good my good friends. And 200 dollars of wholesale fireworks. Which is about 800 dollars retail. (8 500 gram, motars out the wazoo, and about 20 multishot fireworks nothing smaller than 200 grams) Had a great time got reallydrunk a sprayed beer over everyone in the hottub. Blacked out after that. Had a miserable day yesterday cleaning all the paper and used ordinaces out of my and my neighbors yard. A backpack leaf blower and hangover don't mix.

Hows that?

10. NovaFZJ80

NovaFZJ80

went over to a friend's brother's place..they bought about $900 worth from PA....got $100 off every $300 worth..bought these box sets of 35 rockets that would go off and look like the professional stuff you see...lit 2-3 boxes at once and boy what a show it was for 30 mins.....better than the one the local mall did...of course it was nice, especially when you have a 17,000 sq ft house w/6 car garages...

11. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

We've got pretty strict fireworks ordinances here in Utah. I guess that's the advantage to living in the Hood, everyone pretty much gave that the finger and were lighting off some big mortars. Made my smoke bombs look pretty sad.

12. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    My boss learned that i am tired.....i guess yawning in his face prolly should have been curbed...

Edit: mother F'er...wrong thread...

13. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Did ya' see these?
    Ribs.....mmmmmmmm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.