Who is Santa Claus??? Pay it Forward (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m still at a loss for words even though it’s been two days since I walked into my house after a road trip back from CO. Upon walking by the counter and seeing the mail, I accounted for the few boxes where I bough parts from fellow mud folks. Then a medium flat rate box caught my eye. The return address was from Santa Claus using my home address as the return. Plus it was addressed to “James” which I’ve not heard in many years. I was curious and opened the box and instantly knew it was Nate’s (@mattressking ) stock 60 radio and speakers. Had to do some detective work via the tracking # to confirm. A few weeks earlier I expressed an interest ( SOLD - Fj60 dash assembly and OEM radio ) in his “for sale” thread, but unfortunately could not justify paying for such an item at this time due to some other things going on in my life at this time. To my surprise Nate said someone procured it and asked him to ship it to my house. I am totally blown away by this as I can’t imagine what I’ve done to deserve such a gesture. I understand the intent to remain anonymous but would welcome the opportunity to either PM or call me (713-805-3962). I would honor the request to remain unknown, but would really like to express my appreciation. I can assure this forum that I will figure out a way to pay it forward as I believe this is what makes our community what it is. I’ve attached a link to Nate’s original for sale thread. I can tell you this is the nicest OEM radio I’ve ever seen. This will go into my 60 in the near future and I will be proud to show it off. Below is a shot of what I unpacked from the USPS box. Thank you to the MUD community for being so great. Really confirms my transition from collecting and working on muscle cars to these great iconic off road vehicles. I did not plan it this way...just blind luck from when my father in law gave us his 60 in 2006 and then my oldest son jumped in with both feet and drug me in with him :).

Thank you again. Jimmy
38D641E9-2A9C-414C-B7FE-459D9A11FA77.jpeg
AD295BDA-1187-43FD-9939-AFA833A247DC.jpeg

I’m still at a loss for words even though it’s been two days since I walked into my house after a road trip back from CO. Upon walking by the counter and seeing the mail, I accounted for the few boxes where I bough parts from fellow mud folks. Then a medium flat rate box caught my eye. The return address was from Santa Claus using my home address as the return. Plus it was addressed to “James” which I’ve not heard in many years. I was curious and opened the box and instantly knew it was Nate’s (@mattressking ) stock 60 radio and speakers. Had to do some detective work via the tracking # to confirm. A few weeks earlier I expressed an interest ( SOLD - Fj60 dash assembly and OEM radio ) in his “for sale” thread, but unfortunately could not justify paying for such an item at this time due to some other things going on in my life at this time. To my surprise Nate said someone procured it and asked him to ship it to my house. I am totally blown away by this as I can’t imagine what I’ve done to deserve such a gesture. I understand the intent to remain anonymous but would welcome the opportunity to either PM or call me (713-805-3962). I would honor the request to remain unknown, but would really like to express my appreciation. I can assure this forum that I will figure out a way to pay it forward as I believe this is what makes our community what it is. I’ve attached a link to Nate’s original for sale thread. I can tell you this is the nicest OEM radio I’ve ever seen. This will go into my 60 in the near future and I will be proud to show it off. Below is a shot of what I unpacked from the USPS box. Thank you to the MUD community for being so great. Really confirms my transition from collecting and working on muscle cars to these great iconic off road vehicles. I did not plan it this way...just blind luck from when my father in law gave us his 60 in 2006 and then my oldest son jumped in with both feet and drug me in with him :).

Thank you again. Jimmy
View attachment 2172695View attachment 2172696

well @CenTXFJ60

matt here

Your a SOLID MUD Member and FRIEND to all , Your NEVER SNARKY

and ALWAYS Friendly ..........

i consider you my MUD friend in every way and really enjoy what your

bring to the table ......

i read your posted Post's and learn each time from them as well .......

so that's that about all that !

I am Gonna take a Leap here : :santa:

im gonna to ADD to Mystery MUD Santa NOS radio kit with a NOS

Factory Radio Fitting Kit , From Me , ...........

why : because i can , and you deserve it to make what u have in you photos

complete !

lets just say ICING on the CAKE is being Served up MUD style...

PM me your shipping address please

This what im sending you ,

it has many of the connect the dot parts , you will need for a T#TS and A#S

install .........

Kindly Matt :popcorn:

DSCN1816.JPG
DSCN1817.JPG
DSCN1818.JPG
DSCN1820.JPG
DSCN1822.JPG

Last edited:
well @CenTXFJ60

matt here

Your a SOLID MUD Member and FRIEND to all , Your NEVER SNARKY

and ALWAYS Friendly ..........

i consider you MUD friend in every way and really enjoy what your bring to

the table ......

i read your posted and learn each time as well .......

so thats that about all that !

I am Gonna take a Leap here : :santa:

im gonna to ADD to Mystery MUD santa NOS radio kit with a NOS

Fcatory Radio Fitting Kit , From Me , ...........

why : because i can ,and you deserve it to make what u have in your photos

complete !

thats all i got ...........

PM me your shipping address pleaase

This what im sending you ,

it has many of the connect the dot parts , you will need for a T#TS and A#S

install .........

Kindly Matt

View attachment 2172713View attachment 2172714View attachment 2172715View attachment 2172716View attachment 2172717

Holy cow Matt. And please call me Jimmy. I truly appreciate the above comments and thank you so much for the kind gesture. In my personal, professional and social life I try to treat others the way I want to be treated. Sounds a bit corny but life is too short and there’s no time to be any other way in my opinion. I am speechless Matt. And ditto on the above comments. I’ve bought from your store in the past and will continue to recommend you to those in need of the many cool things you put out there. Keep up the great work. And BTW...I still need to send you the key cylinders and code from my primary 60 so I can stop carrying two keys for the truck. Will tackle that once I get through this move to CO. Lastly, you need to join us at the Solid Axle Summit in August. Would be awesome to have you there.
Thanks again.
Jimmy

Holy cow Matt. And please call me Jimmy. I truly appreciate the above comments and thank you so much for the kind gesture. In my personal, professional and social life I try to treat others the way I want to be treated. Sounds a bit corny but life is too short and there’s no time to be any other way in my opinion. I am speechless Matt. And ditto on the above comments. I’ve bought from your store in the past and will continue to recommend you to those in need of the many cool things you put out there. Keep up the great work. And BTW...I still need to send you the key cylinders and code from my primary 60 so I can stop carrying two keys for the truck. Will tackle that once I get through this move to CO. Lastly, you need to join us at the Solid Axle Summit in August. Would be awesome to have you there.
Thanks again.
Jimmy

pop me pm link to solid axle summit ?

also , i have just now started to offer Complete TOTAL vehical Refurbished

60/62 lock sets , that include a mix of restored and new ones too

like ALL ignition will be always a new OEM lock i re-key , due to excessive wear ,

but the fuel door may nevr be new because they get least use ?

the push button lock hatch remians the big WHAT IF ? .............

and finally , thanks for the positive feedback regarding my online parts store

i spent 4 solid months early in 2019 every night till 3am building MY Brand

of what I think a Vintage TOYOTA PHUN Parts house combined with a NEW

FRESH IDEA of state of the ART customer service that i Learned in the

4 year college level T-TEN Program was / is all about ..........

im still learning every day , but i try and i honestly
DO Fracking Care

about My Clients Parts and there Vintage Toyota's vehicals more then most

things
on this earth ...........

this was / is my T-TEN student LAB clip board i was issued on day 1 ,

September , 1993,m 1st semester , i believe and live by , and run my store to

the beat of this drum for the most part , as Corny as it sounds

it works for me just fine ......... :D

DSCN9792 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
pop me pm link to solid axle summit ?

also , i have just now started to offer Complete TOTAL vehical Refurbished

60/62 lock sets , that include a mix of restored and new ones too

like ALL ignition will be always a new OEM lock i re-key , due to excessive wear ,

but the fuel door may nevr be new because they get least use ?

the push button lock hatch remians the big WHAT IF ? .............

and finally , thanks for the positive feedback regarding my online parts store

i spent 4 solid months early in 2019 every night till 3am building MY Brand

of what I think a Vintage TOYOTA PHUN Parts house combined with a NEW

FRESH IDEA of state of the ART customer service that i Learned in the

4 year college level T-TEN Program was / is all about ..........

im still learning every day , but i try and i honestly
DO Fracking Care

about My Clients Parts and there Vintage Toyota's vehicals more then most

things
on this earth ...........

this was / is my T-TEN student LAB clip board i was issued on day 1 ,

September , 1993,m 1st semester , i believe and live by , and run my store to

the beat of this drum for the most part , like yiou said a Corny as it sounds

it works for me just fine .........

View attachment 2172793

Well said Matt. I’ll link you to the SAS thread. We will be releasing the dates for #4 within the next few weeks. The timing is usually around the first week in August and the location is Ouray CO. Would love to have you join us as a sponsor and hopefully you can be there in person as well. We had 75 enrolled last year (plus family members) and looks like we will be keeping to that # this year as well.
Thanks again
Jimmy

that will be kool , I can finally meet all my Digital online AVATAR Friends :D

for now , i will just Post My Selfie : 🤳

15778251555491.png

That's way cool Jimmy. I bought the other stuff from Nate (thanks buddy!) but no idea who did this.

I gotta say, that being an honest and helpful friend to others will always bring reward to you, even though that's NOT why you do it!

Wait, so the barn is coming to CO? Whereabouts, if you don't mind my asking. Always been a big admirer of your project and would love to come see it in person!
Well, for now the barn life is coming to an end. Will be transitioning to a city residence in Ft Collins (renting a townhome for now). Once my house sells I’ll buy a house of my wife’s choice in town and then purchase some land west of town and build another barn. I’ll be storing the cruisers for the next 12-18 months (estimated timeframe). A sabbatical will keep my 28 year marriage going in the right direction :). I’ll keep a couple of 60 series active in Ft Collins. I hope to be full time up there by mid February. Would be great to connect as I hope to network with the cruiser community in that area. Thanks for chiming in. Jimmy.

Matt, did Toyota offer a wiring harness with radio kits? Pre 88 wiring have a unified ground out of the harness into radio (3 wire).

YES some fitting kits DID , some how ever did not

in many cases the particular toyota vehical is already roughed in for a radio and has plugs ready to plug and play

the USA spec FJ60 was a strange bird indeed , it was like a JURASSIC hold over from NIXON"s impeachment or something ?

gett into the MID to late 1980's all other toyota cars and trucks had updated to a full size single or double DIN and a full 4 tru speakers

while poor FJ60 was left with hand me down technology year after year ...

the FJ60 radio usa , had only a 2 wire power B+ key on and neg ground

no third wire .........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom