Who is going when to CMCC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm planning to head up Wednesday PM with Austin. Ryan is a maybe. The Pumpkin is running and it's well past time for the Pumpkin to get out and play.

Traffic Blows and I are riding up in tandem Thursday afternoon. May synch up with the Stump clan depending on timing. Planning to launch btw 1-2.

Heading up Thursday afternoon sometime from harrisonburg. See y’all there!

I'm hoping to drive up Tuesday night so I can drive all 4 days. But may have to wait to go up sometime Wednesday

What's the food situation at CMCC? The Reg info page makes a brief mention of "additional meals and food items may be purchased onsite"... which I read as "lunch at Rausch." So I guess I don't have to go full-on backpacker stove and dehydrated meal-in-a-bag. Is it safe to assume that there are local places mearbyto grab dinner? Or is this site really remote?

There's a restaurant at TG, no food at RC.

The standard food plan is people generally pack lunch fixings for the trail at a minimum. That’s the one meal there really is no opportunity to pick up along the way. There are meal options for dinner, as Twin Grove has a decent camp store restaurant. There are also fast food and diners between Rausch and Twin Grove. Saturday of course is the raffle/banquet meal. Good advice is to bring basics to make sandwiches and have snacks. Goods for a dinner is not bad to have. A lot of guys do cook and usually there is extra around if you are good a mooching. Always helps to have plenty of booze and beer around too as that ups your stock value as a mooch.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like I can get the all-important coffee there or at one of the diners. I'm signed up for the Sat BBQ.

I wasn't sure beer was allowed, since the GCLC / CMCC website said bringing alcohol to TG was prohibited. But the TG site policies basically said no walking around w/open container, and no "revelry". (-; So glad to hear it's all good

Yeah the food at the campground is not bad. And six miles away at exit 100 of I-81 there's an Arby's and McDonalds. And there is also a diner with decent food near that exit, all three of the aforementioned are on route 443.

I'll be there Tuesday evening, cabin A74- yeah the one the Capital City guys rented one year.

That would be Shmukster's Love Shack.

I don't know that you could handle 3 visits old man.

I found the knock-offs weren't significantly cheaper. One problem with a Hi-Lift is finding a good place to jack off of. Slee Offroad sells a jack-off attachment, so if you have sliders, and their attachment, you will always have a good place to jack off.

Uh, I was going to drop by to introduce myself, but after the above exchange, I think I'll just keep to myself.

We understand...

The Polaks are coming Wednesday afternoon. Then more polaks arriving on Thursday.

Uh oh. They must’ve figured out how to reproduce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom