Who here has the Dobinsons rear bumper + spare tire swing out? Can you help answer a few Q’s… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mrq

Threads
Hey, gang!

Who here has the Dobinsons rear bumper + tire swing out?

Drop some pictures of your rig w/ it in the comments below!
I’m looking at bumpers and am hoping to get a better idea of how they look on our 80’s.

Also,
If your rig has one – are you impressed/pleased with the quality/build of it? Does it seem like it offers good rear-end protection – better than the stock bumper?

TIA!

Check this thread if you haven't already:

Reactions: mrq
Hey, gang!

Who here has the Dobinsons rear bumper + tire swing out?

Drop some pictures of your rig w/ it in the comments below!
I’m looking at bumpers and am hoping to get a better idea of how they look on our 80’s.

Also,
If your rig has one – are you impressed/pleased with the quality/build of it? Does it seem like it offers good rear-end protection – better than the stock bumper?

TIA!

I installed the Dobinson bumper about six months ago. Very impressed with the customer service, very impressed with the build quality. I will say that the bumper is a little bit taller than other ones I looked at but for the price point it is at the others were over $1000 more. I looked at 4 x 4 labs, dissent and others. They didn’t really have an option for a highlift Jack so I fabricated my own with the help of my friend @Comet. The lights in the bumper are great and very easily tie into the stock wiring.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I installed the Dobinson bumper about six months ago. Very impressed with the customer service, very impressed with the build quality. I will say that the bumper is a little bit taller than other ones I looked at but for the price point it is at the others were over $1000 more. I looked at 4 x 4 labs, dissent and others. They didn’t really have an option for a highlift Jack so I fabricated my own with the help of my friend @Comet. The lights in the bumper are great and very easily tie into the stock wiring.

View attachment 2756030

View attachment 2756031
How did you modify it to fit the hilift on the swingout? Looks like a pretty good location to me.

How did you modify it to fit the hilift on the swingout? Looks like a pretty good location to me
Took a grade 5 bolt and ran it through the tire mount with a modified eyebolt and welded a foot to the swingarm. Then fabricated a locking nut with some rebar and a wingnut to hold it in place.
97FFA1DB-AE13-4983-9266-F1F5465E15B6.jpeg
153C6666-EC67-4C66-91F0-341386A3EB00.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom