Who has the Hankook MTs 295/75R16 on an 80?

little_joe

SILVER Star
I recall someone in the club is running the Hankook Dynapro MT in 295/75R16 on an FZJ80 - we spoke at Uwharrie in December. I'm sorry I forgot who it was - anyone on here?

If so, I am curious how tall they are mounted on your 80? From the top of the tire tread to the ground?

Yeah, that's me. So, do you just want to know the overall height of the tire? I can measure that tonight. Mine are a little worn b/c I've had them on for a year now, but they're wearing down great. I'll try and get you a number by tomorrow.

little_joe

SILVER Star
John, that would be great - I am just looking for their actual height/diameter when mounted on the 80. Thanks!

little_joe

SILVER Star
Nah, just trying to figure out if they'll work with the suspension I have or if maybe I need some spacers. I will get a special permit at work though since I'll be relegated to only the 1st floor of our deck. ;)

little_joe

SILVER Star
Many thanks John - it's surprising they are 1.5" smaller when mounted than advertised. Hrm.

You have to factor in mine have been on my truck for a year and I measured them real quickly (i.e. not the most accurate in the world).

little_joe

SILVER Star
Hi John, completely understood. I have Nitto TG's 285/75R16 that are over a yr old and they measure 32.25" diameter. I am looking for a taller tire, something that is an actual 33 - 33.75" diameter when mounted. The width of your tires is perfect imho...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom