Who has the best brackets for rear disc brakes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.threeelementsdesigns.com
I could just get the MAF brackets, but figured I would see who else makes them.....the ones for the chevy calipers and discs. Thanks

I just did the RDB and used AA Mfg weld-on brackets, like $15 total. I just couldn't spend the money for the bolt-on's, the AA brackets need a little griding to accomodate the weld running horizontally on the axle housing and a little more to clearance the factory flange welds around the circumference of the tube. I tend to lean towards welding, I probably would have welded the bolt-on's too. I'm only running 33's w/alum. wheels so I don't have the rotating mass of larger tires, the brackets may be better for bigger meats? I think cheaper is always better though, spend the extra cash on better :beer:

Search the tech links, there is a PDF file for the blueprints of the brackets. They are full size and pretty accurate. I had to do a little grinding, but so have people with the MAF's. I had a chunk of 3/8" stainless, so a buddy cut them out with a plasma cutter and they work great. The rear disks are a great mod and easy to do since I had my axles out to put in the locker. Hope this helps. Hodag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom