Who has seen thr FJ in person ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am seriously considering trading my 02 Wragler Sport for
the FJ Cruiser, but I havent had a chance to see it in person yet.
I would like some feedback from those of you that have seen it.
In some pictures it look really cool, but in others it looks ugly.
My local dealer said they would have some in 2 weeks.
Thanks

deffently do it! the new fj cruiser is bad ass!

Wife & I crawled all over one on Monday with a Toyota rep. A show & tell event for their sales people. Ordered one for the princess this afternoon. I have a built 98 wrangler & 2 40s in the barn. The wrangler is going. Spoke to Scott Brady (expeditions west) on Saturday, he's driven one and liked it. A hell of alot more vehicle than a wrangler: even the new one that DC is coming out with. Toyota is taking the offroad crowd seriously. Hope this helps, Jim

Checked one out today, first one I have seen in person.

Just another great Toyota vehicle for the :princess: to drive.

i still think they're fugly, but after wheeling with one, i am impressed.

plus, almost anything's better than a heep :D

I would do it

I was with Nuclearlemon when I saw it. It was very impressive. It all depends on what you want to do while wheeling. For me, I have a stock 40 and 60 series. Yes they have their limitations, however I have taken stock cruisers alot of places and they always get me home. The FJ Cruiser completely outperforms a stock cruiser, and a Wrangler is quite similar to a stock 40.

My impressions were many. It does sit a little low, but it has the normal clearance of any new vehicle. Good guarding underneath for the most part. Impressive power, and all of that. Inside, much bigger than a Jeep. If I were to even think about a Jeep it would have to be one of the new stretched versions for the room. The FJ has fair access to the back seat and still has enough room for a cooler and tent and other gear behind for the weekend. Great legroom surprising, I'm 6'1" Typical Toyota seating, I feel like I'm cramped against the roof in Tacomas, this was the same, but not uncomfortable. Visibility was the biggest thing I didn't like, lots of blind spots, the internal wall are very thick, not very big windows and a high dash and hood. But you would get used to it. Above all it was all Toyota quality. Very sound, well built, strong looking machine, incredible fit and finish as always on a Toyota. If I didn't have so many cars already, and I didn't love my old cruisers for their pure durability and simplicity, I would consider one.

I saw it do things that my stock cruisers could never do with ease. We were in deep, crusted snow, it just blew through it. Ride was great too, the one bump we hit would have sent you through the windshield in a stock 40.

Check one out when they start showing up, you'll have time to get one soon.

I would look at it in pictures and thought the same, until i seen it in person, then i fell in love..

I really like it in person it is way better.

DO IT.

saw it at the LA Auto Show in '04 (i think); thought it was cool, but cheesy

saw it again and now i really like it....

Got my 1st real look at it Tuesday..I love it EXCEPT the cheep plastic ppoints on the front bumper and the aweful looking subwoofer...I should have mine on the 28th..Yee Ha

I came back from the dealer today. Impressive looking from the outside. Sturdy and solid stance. It's quite bigger than the original 40. The inside is nice. Ergonomics are good (I'm 5'9"). The plastic parts line the dash and most of the interior. In my personal opinion, from the front seat on, it's great. From the front seat back, it's kinda too enclosed. By that I mean the rear is a bit cramped looking due to the lack of visabilty. The windows remind me of tiny port holes on a ship. I couldn't test drive it but I get the feeling that changing lanes will be interesting. I think I'll be hoping and waiting for a topless model down the road.

jeff

I have mixed feelings. My biggest concern is what appears to be poor visibility. I was not able to drive it.

Looking at it at the car show I liked it more than I thought I might. The looks still bother me, but they're offset by what I do like about it. I really like the size of it, big enough for two people and dogs or gear. If you've got someone as tall as I am(6'2) in the front there is 0 leg room for the back seat. The front seats were very comfortable and you can lay them almost flat. The quality of fit and finish was nice, especially compared to the Wrangler that we had been in earlier. All the controls were accessible and easy to use. The roof rack was more sturdy than I had thought it would be too.

There really aren't blind spots, you just can't see out the back. I still don't like the body design that much, but considering the how much I liked the rest of it, it's tolerable. I'm hoping someone will come out with some aftermarket taillights that don't stick out from the body. The color coordinated dash panel is another thing I'd like to see go.

Definitely ditch the jeep. The new FJ is comfortable and capable. I was Bill Burke's assistant on the Rubicon with the FJC prototype, and I was thoroughly impressed. The FJ was totaly intact at the end of the 3 day journey, including all 4 mud flaps!

If you are going to wheel it, get the rear locker, traction control, and rock rails.

Happy trails!

Agree with visibility, plastic/subwoofer and back seat comments - think of this as a 2+2, although ok room in backseat. Was surprised at the lack of rear storage - might be spoiled by my 100s but still seems tight. Over all not a bad vehicle - I like the upright windshield. For a trail truck - it'll do ok. For the same money the '07 Rubicon looks close - but Im quality biased towards Toyota.

Im still on the fence - mostly due to the number of trucks I already have. Kinda If I was sub-30 w/o kids and was limited to 1 vehicle, I think it would get the nod on personality alone.

Luck
Alac

then you should like it

Torquemeister said:
I ran into a friend that saw the FJ at the K.C. auto show,
he said it looks "fricking gay."

Yuor friend prolly loved it then huh? which means you will love it also.
Your friend wouldnt happen to be rugster? :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom