Who got the unicorn? (Locked 21k Mile LX450) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was cruising craigslist today and saw this 21k mile unicorn. There's another one on here with similar mileage so I don't know if its a mud members or not.

However I called the seller and he let me know someone was already boarding a plane to come buy it. I've got $50 on @FFFbuff or @cruiserdan aka the museum.

I wounder if this is the lowest mileage 80 in the US?

1583199894823.png

1583199945161.png

1583199910717.png

1583199930063.png

Wow!..super clean 👍 with super low miles

Not me.

Wrong color.
Someone find me a 40th FZJ80 like this in Moonglow Pearl.

Last edited:
That ain't happening. No Moonglow on a 40th. Unless it's a fake.

That is so nice you cant really modify it.

The super clean ones are cool - but not my speed. I'd rather have one I don't feel about taking on the trail and beating up a bit. Just my two cents.

Oops, got corrected by the professor :).
Antique Sage Pearl.

Speaking of unicorns, I remember watching this dude on Leno's yt channel selling 60s. Looks like he's now trying to capitalize on the 80s market coming of age, esp the 1FZ-FE powered ones.

I'm curious to know how he defines "needs nothing".

Those prices are absurd and the idiots out there buying are unfortunately supporting the trend.

Needs nothing except all the 22 year old rubber and plastic bits replaced.

Spare tire on the white 80 in the link above that needs nothing is mounted on a non-stock wheel.

Needs nothing? Needs to be wheeled and dirty!

I have the same color, an old friend of ours used to call it "fresh morning log."

Zona

Speaking of unicorns, I remember watching this dude on Leno's yt channel selling 60s. Looks like he's now trying to capitalize on the 80s market coming of age, esp the 1FZ-FE powered ones.

I'm curious to know how he defines "needs nothing".

I saw that on youtube as well. I think the 80 market is going to continue to rise for clean examples. Although I'm sure there will still be the occasional good deal. Ever since a couple members achieved 40K+ sales prices on ebay the market has been steadily climbing.

In the spirit of how the mud community buys cars, I was going to offer him 10k less. Low, but still a decent offer at 18k. However someone thought it was worth 28k plus airfare, hotels, and gas.

I know it's mud and I know low mileage doesn't mean for sure low maintenance but I'm honestly surprised it didn't go for more.

I can't recall if it's a 40th, limited edition, or something "less" desirable but a local toyota shop manager has one in his garage that, if I'm recalling correctly, has under 40k miles. I would have figured he would get more then 28k for it and that was a couple years ago.

Last edited:
I know it's mud and I know low mileage doesn't mean for sure low maintenance but I'm honestly surprised it didn't go for more.

I can't recall if it's a 40th, limited edition, or something "less" desirable but a local toyota shop manager has one in his garage that, if I'm recalling correctly, has one with under 40k miles. I would have figured he would get more then 28k for it and that was a couple years ago.

I think in this case the price point is because it’s an LX450. I know it’s the same same as a land cruiser. However if you look at auction prices over the last few years a Toyota badge is worth more than a Lexus badge. Not sure if it’s because most consumers don’t know what a LX450 is or because “Land Cruiser” on the back holds more prestige. That’s just my option in what I have seen. I’m sure someone else could weigh in who actually makes a living off these things.

Could also be a scam. Just sayin'.

Unicorn has to be white!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom