Who else is buying a new or even used when available (last of the mohicans!) 2021 LC 200 series as last model year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought about used, but felt there’d be something special about having a ‘21 if they don’t return.

I agree it will be neat to have the final production year, but in reference to the first part:

Pro: The Land Cruiser holds it's value extremely well

Con: The Land Cruiser holds it's value extremely well

Perhaps I'm too picky about finding the right used vehicle, but the cost difference between new and the used ones I was finding was not big enough for me to be able to justify used. Spending just a little more to get exactly what I wanted and own it from new was worth it.

Perhaps I'm too picky about finding the right used vehicle, but the cost difference between new and the used ones I was finding was not big enough for me to be able to justify used. Spending just a little more to get exactly what I wanted and own it from new was worth it.

thats exactly where I landed (with my wife’s help). I know that I care for my cars. Don’t know how that owner before me treated it. Hell, I was having 2nd thoughts about the 40mi someone else put on it test driving.

Just traded a 2020 sequoia trd pro in for a 21 TLC. Happy to finally be in what has been one of my dream vehicles.
20210206_113109.jpg

After advice via a phone call with Eric Sarjeant, we purchased a 2021 LC from a dealer in Tulsa today. I have a silver J200 on order but several Toyota guys I know warned that order might not get filled. I really wanted the last year model before they stop making. I also have a 2004 LC. The wife will drive the new one for awhile. Man they are nice.

Eric Sarjeant is the General Manager of Ed Martin Toyota. He seems to be a Toyota Offroad enthusiast & a supporter of this site. He seems like a great guy. If you’re in the market give him a shout.

After advice via a phone call with Eric Sarjeant, we purchased a 2021 LC from a dealer in Tulsa today. I have a silver J200 on order but several Toyota guys I know warned that order might not get filled. I really wanted the last year model before they stop making. I also have a 2004 LC. The wife will drive the new one for awhile. Man they are nice.

Eric Sarjeant is the General Manager of Ed Martin Toyota. He seems to be a Toyota Offroad enthusiast & a supporter of this site. He seems like a great guy. If you’re in the market give him a shout.

Depending on what you specifically want I believe there are a handful of silver 200's here in DFW. Between a few of the dealerships I was at I think there were 5-7 of them.

Also, Woo Pig

Depending on what you specifically want I believe there are a handful of silver 200's here in DFW. Between a few of the dealerships I was at I think there were 5-7 of them.

Also, Woo Pig
The question is-terra or black interior? I can find several black, but few terras. I also inquired about ordering, but am getting mixed messages on whether they will get filled.

Like many here, I was planning to buy a lightly used cruiser in a year or two. However, I bought new, because the depreciation didn't justify the unknown use over the last four years when I want to keep this truck as long as possible. Also, gaskets, rubber, etc will all last 4 more years. Given you're in Chicago, where I used to be from, I'd certainly consider rust proofing. My GX lasted 18 years before chassis work became impossible due to the extent of corrosion (265k miles). That said, I also bought the 10y/125k extended warranty at cost since I basically paid sticker. I feel like these parts aren't going to get cheaper over time, although many are shared with the tundra, mechanically speaking. Luckily rates are better with new cars. Best of luck with your decision. Also, I found my favorite build locally which really put me over the edge.

Also, my advice is buy now based on what's available. I really wanted to order from Eric Sarjeant, but he was honest and couldn't promise anything given that production ends in March. My local dealer tried to promise me a custom order, but those were turned off in November. So be careful.... As they say a bird in the hand....

Also, my advice is buy now based on what's available. I really wanted to order from Eric Sarjeant, but he was honest and couldn't promise anything given that production ends in March. My local dealer tried to promise me a custom order, but those were turned off in November. So be careful.... As they say a bird in the hand....
Wow, really ends in March. Haven't heard that yet.

Wow, really ends in March. Haven't heard that yet.
That's what I recall Eric said. Now that may not account for distribution timelines or perhaps was the last delivery date for the custom orders. Maybe for heritage edition only. Regardless, the point I'm making is unless you're willing to buy black/black or white/black or something equally common, deals and inventory are going to be tighter than usual. Also, if you're dealer isn't a high volume cruiser dealer, be wary about promises of things to come. That's according to my intuition, so if there's a more informed source, please disregard me.

I called Eric to order with him as well or at least put a deposit on one of his remaining allocations, this was back in early December. He told me then that if I were looking for anything with Terra interior, white exterior or an HE that I should go ahead and buy what I could find locally. He had a lot of black interior trucks coming and most were black exterior but the misses wanted White with Terra so we worked a deal the last day of the year and bought locally and still got an amazing deal. I appreciate Eric's honesty and willingness to send business elsewhere when he knew he couldn't produce what I was looking for.

Agreed regarding Eric's honesty. Based on his reputation on the forum, I would've gladly ordered from his and delayed my purchase. He's truly a professional in the field.

Really questioning whether I should sell my '16 with 60k miles and pick up a completely identical '21...

Basically would be paying ~$30k more for ~0 miles/5 years newer vehicle with a fresh warranty, and the small 2018+ updates like the power lift gate/automatic mirrors/key fob/etc.

Any one want to sway me in either direction? :hmm:

Talked to Eric yesterday and he said all of his LC's are spoken for. Stopped by the local dealer which may be getting a Heritage, which I do not really want, but an issue came up with the LC. I use my LC100 as a two passenger dog carrier. I've removed the third row and I leave the second row folded forward so it is easy for the dog to jump in/out. The local dealer said the 2021 LC second row seat doesn't fold forward. My first instinct is they are clueless, because it doesn't make any sense that people would have to climb over a folded down seat to get to the third row. Is it correct the second row seat folds forward like on the LC100?

Talked to Eric yesterday and he said all of his LC's are spoken for. Stopped by the local dealer which may be getting a Heritage, which I do not really want, but an issue came up with the LC. I use my LC100 as a two passenger dog carrier. I've removed the third row and I leave the second row folded forward so it is easy for the dog to jump in/out. The local dealer said the 2021 LC second row seat doesn't fold forward. My first instinct is they are clueless, because it doesn't make any sense that people would have to climb over a folded down seat to get to the third row. Is it correct the second row seat folds forward like on the LC100?
Clueless. They work exactly the same.
And people trust dealers to change oil 😂

Really questioning whether I should sell my '16 with 60k miles and pick up a completely identical '21...

Basically would be paying ~$30k more for ~0 miles/5 years newer vehicle with a fresh warranty, and the small 2018+ updates like the power lift gate/automatic mirrors/key fob/etc.

Any one want to sway me in either direction? :hmm:

I'd keep what you've got unless you just have $30K burning a hole in your pocket lol.

The question is-terra or black interior? I can find several black, but few terras. I also inquired about ordering, but am getting mixed messages on whether they will get filled.

According to the Toyota.com inventory search there are two available in my market, but I don't know which dealerships they're at. The ones I had seen in person were definitely black interior (Toyota of Dallas, Toyota of Richardson). Vandergriff has five with terra, but four are white and one is magnetic grey. Toyota of Grapevine has 3 with terra, all white. If you're willing to travel to Houston--Fred Haas has one silver with terra (and two MGM with terra).

To echo what others have said--I too spoke with Eric about getting my own '21, though from the way I read his message we were in the last few weeks of production already and they should be done by end of Feb. He also advised if I wanted the specific trim/options I did that I should take the first thing I found. My local dealer got lucky and found me one that's at port right now and put in my order which was approved/accepted last week and currently has a mid/late March delivery estimate. The time to buy was yesterday if you want new.

Unless you've actually laid eyes on those vehicles or heard it from the dealership manager himself that they are en route I would take those stock claims from the Toyota website with a grain of salt. When we were shopping back in December 8 of 10 ended up being fairytales.

Unless you've actually laid eyes on those vehicles or heard it from the dealership manager himself that they are en route I would take those stock claims from the Toyota website with a grain of salt. When we were shopping back in December 8 of 10 ended up being fairytales.

Very true, though they are the largest Toyota dealership in Texas so I would not doubt they have more of a selection than most other dealers. I nearly bought one from them before my order was secured because they were the only dealer that had what I wanted in the state and they had two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom