Who else has removed their running boards? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tabraha

Hello My Name is: TAD
SILVER Star
Threads
Man, getting ready for a trip to Tellico this weekend so I decided to take the running boards off. WOW what an improvement!!!! I'm very interested to see Christo's new step/sliders for the 100. I think that's the route I'm gonna go once I get a look at 'em. I don't think I can put those OEM boards back on in the meantime though, it just looks to good without 'em!

TAD

yup, took mine off the LC as soon as the LX was in the yard.........loosing the boards gave the 100 a 2"+ lift......or so it aprears. Looks SO much better and I have had folks ask what kinda Toyota it is......;)

I ordered some OEM front mud flaps but took em back, don't think it needs em and I was not impressed that they were only held on with 2 screws...........

I took mine off the second day I had the vehicle. I'm debating between Slee's step and tube sliders.

I have the front mud flaps too but have yet to put them on. From what I understand, in addition to the mudflap, there is a bracket that you need to secure it in place. I'll leave them off till I get my new tires and see how much they kick up.

your right(I forgot), there is a bracket, i didn't have it, parts guy told me I cold get it.....I decided to bag the flaps.....seems to be OK without em.

I am gonna do the Slee steps when he makes them again, I do still need to stuff clients in from time to time. Day after I took em off, I had to give mom a ride.........she asked "didn't you have running boards" I said.........."nope, never had em" ;)

hoser said:
I
I have the front mud flaps too but have yet to put them on. From what I understand, in addition to the mudflap, there is a bracket that you need to secure it in place. I'll leave them off till I get my new tires and see how much they kick up.

Yup, my wifes entire family is short so I'm gonna catch it if I don't get some sliders too. Glad to hear the flaps aren't really a necessity.

edit: I used here instead of hear. :doh:

Last edited:
Long gone...

I also got some flaps, haven't got the brackets yet. I still, even with Christo's step sliders, get some dirt thrown up on the door. Also, I think the flaps look good (still got `em on the 80, though they and the flares come off for serious trails).

Likewise....running boards gone, although I've considered installing the front flaps/bracket. Anybody have an set they're not using?

Scott
scott@perfectswitch.com

Thanks dnp, I looked for that thread and didn't see it so I just figured I made it up! Those flaps look good on the LX. How much $$$ were they?

TAD

those sliders look great! are they the step version?

dclee said:
I also got some flaps, haven't got the brackets yet. I still, even with Christo's step sliders, get some dirt thrown up on the door. Also, I think the flaps look good (still got `em on the 80, though they and the flares come off for serious trails).

tabraha said:
Man, getting ready for a trip to Tellico this weekend so I decided to take the running boards off. WOW what an improvement!!!! TAD

Tad,
I wanted to say something when you posted the pics of your new Swampers, but I didn't. Swampers and running boards just don't go together. Post up a pic of those Swampers without the running boards. I bet your rig looks Bad Ass now!

I took my running boards off almost immediately after I purchased my Cruiser. I know they're very functional, i just hate how they look. I'm going to get some Slee sliders when I buy my lift and tires. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks.

You definitely have to post Tellico pics when you get back. Good luck and have fun!

uzj100 said:
Slee has a new style now that is exactly like the ones for the 80 series, http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/80_sliders_steps.htm

Also, I think he is still selling the tube style too.

uzj100

Yeah, those are the ones I want too! Those are really sweet, the best of both worlds IMO. I don't think they are available for the 100 yet are they?

Got a picture

Does anyone have a picture they could post with the running boards removed and no sliders steps etc instaled?

I removed mine a few months back and prefer them off for offroading and accessing the underside for maintenace, but it just didnt look good to me. The frame being exposed from the side view and the rocker panel rear bumper allighnment had an odd look.

Maybe I would get used to it?? But it would be nice to see a photo of someones if avaliable.

trout said:
Does anyone have a picture they could post with the running boards removed and no sliders steps etc instaled?

I removed mine a few months back and prefer them off for offroading and accessing the underside for maintenace, but it just didnt look good to me. The frame being exposed from the side view and the rocker panel rear bumper allighnment had an odd look.

Maybe I would get used to it?? But it would be nice to see a photo of someones if avaliable.

You can view mine at the end of this thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=54473
The pictures aren't real good, but you can get an idea. I can take a cleaner one if no one else has any to post.

Landpimp said:
those sliders look great! are they the step version?

Yeah, though I don't think Christo makes them anymore, as he has the new style tube/step sliders. Mine have the removable step for serious wheeling, but I did still need a step because this is my wife's daily driver and she has to haul a baby seat (and baby!) in and out of the car. Eventually, when the kid(s) are older, I'll just unbolt the steps a final time and weld on some serious outriggers like on my 80 sliders. I still prefer the outriggers that angle up toward the door as they stick out less and give some protection further up for pivoting on rocks and stuff.

Thanks Greg B

Thanks for the pics, I think I will take mine off again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom