Whiteline rear swaybar (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! Are these only for certain lift heights? Would it work with a 2-2.5 inch lift?
he has these for ALL lifts, send him your measurements and they show up in mail. Just installed these yesterday

I purchased a BTR46X for my 80 and purchased slightly longer links from Cruiser Outfitters (only about 1in longer). Since I only have a 2in lift I guessed that these would be long enough but I was wrong. See pics below. This brings up two questions that I hope someone can answer...
  1. What set of end links can I use that will be long enough for my lift BUT not too long to were they'll be hanging below the lower control arms and catching on things? I'm considering the MAF ones but want to try and make sure they'll work before ordering. (Yes, I saw the adjustable LCP ones which are super nice but simply overkill for my needs and budget).
  2. Regardless of what end links I get will I still have to grind the corners off of the sway bar so that it'll fit the end links?
Thanks in advance!
gwBLsQy.jpg
fFuiNEd.jpg

I purchased a BTR46X for my 80 and purchased slightly longer links from Cruiser Outfitters (only about 1in longer). Since I only have a 2in lift I guessed that these would be long enough but I was wrong. See pics below. This brings up two questions that I hope someone can answer...
  1. What set of end links can I use that will be long enough for my lift BUT not too long to were they'll be hanging below the lower control arms and catching on things? I'm considering the MAF ones but want to try and make sure they'll work before ordering. (Yes, I saw the adjustable LCP ones which are super nice but simply overkill for my needs and budget).
  2. Regardless of what end links I get will I still have to grind the corners off of the sway bar so that it'll fit the end links?
Thanks in advance!
gwBLsQy.jpg
fFuiNEd.jpg
I had the same issue with my Blackhawk HD swaybar. I needed to grind the corner for it to fit the link.

I had the same issue with my Blackhawk HD swaybar. I needed to grind the corner for it to fit the link.
Gotcha, I was trying to avoid that but you're the second person to say the same thing. On the bright side I think that if I grind off the corners then I'll be able to use these end links instead of having to order new ones.

Gotcha, I was trying to avoid that but you're the second person to say the same thing. On the bright side I think that if I grind off the corners then I'll be able to use these end links instead of having to order new ones.
yeah, I think you'd see the same issue with any other end links. I have several style links that I was able to compare when I did mine and they all would have fit the same.

yeah, I think you'd see the same issue with any other end links. I have several style links that I was able to compare when I did mine and they all would have fit the same.
This is exactly what I was trying to figure out, thank you! Based on all the pictures that I've seen the bolt hole location is almost the same on all the end links. I figured this would mean that they would all still collide with the sway bar regardless of the overall length of the end link.

This is exactly what I was trying to figure out, thank you! Based on all the pictures that I've seen the bolt hole location is almost the same on all the end links. I figured this would mean that they would all still collide with the sway bar regardless of the overall length of the end link.
Before I got my LCP end links I was using a set of OEM links and I cut off and welded on some new "horseshoes" to the end of the links that were longer and would clear. There's an immense about of force that is on those links at times so if you had longer horseshoe ends they'd need to be really beefy so they won't bend. In the end it's much easier to just grind the swaybar and it doesn't hurt anything.

Before I got my LCP end links I was using a set of OEM links and I cut off and welded on some new "horseshoes" to the end of the links that were longer and would clear. There's an immense about of force that is on those links at times so if you had longer horseshoe ends they'd need to be really beefy so they won't bend. In the end it's much easier to just grind the swaybar and it doesn't hurt anything.
That makes sense. I wonder why Whiteline/other manufacturers don't round the corners themselves? It seems like they should've realized/corrected this issue by now.

Finally got my sway bar fully installed last night, my 80 feels so much tighter and nimble on road! I ended up having to grind the sway bar even with the longest links that I purchased, it seems like the LCP end links are the only ones that don't require any grinding. When doing research I had a hard time finding out the lengths of all the different brands of end links available. I'm hoping this post will help someone in the future when trying to figure out the same thing...

- Original end links are 2-5/8" (on my 97' FZJ80)
RlkZ6IV.jpg

- Cruiser Outfitters end links (SUS60090AFT) are 3-5/8"
CRjE1Jc.jpg

- Trail Tailor end links are 4-1/2"
6SSqheg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom